Model Cars Magazine Forum

A the swap meet with the van...

I must agree with everyone else, this thing is just beyond impressive. You just nailed it, from the look, stance, wheels, interior, and the attention to detail is increditable. My father in law and I sat here and picked out details like the stickers on the rad support/under the hood, the canisters in the motor comp., to the little open box on shelf. It's when I told him it was a model van and not real is what really blew his mind. How you did all that in such little time is a question that may never be answered. Well done sir, well done.

Edited by JasonFL

Thank you both!

@Jason than you for the kind of words! I build model when I "feel" to build, some day I sat down on my bench and look a parts, but I don't feel to build nothing, other day, I sat down and I feel to build, and here is when I build a lot in a short amount of time. :)

Where did you get the bike? I've always wanted to do a pickup with a street bike in the bed but 1/25 bikes are rare....Looks amazing by the way!

Whenever i want a 1/24 scale bike, i look in the diecast section. there's a super bikes range by Motor Max.

Thank you all for comment and looking! :)

@Cherokeered, The bike is a Heller Kit, here the link of the one in the van. http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56882&hl=%2Bhonda+%2Bnsr&fromsearch=1

Nice and fun kit to build, only 34 parts, and also have a driver. They are pretty cheap, I think I paid mine $5 last year.

@kruleworld, Diecast in general you can find a lot more bikes in this scale. There are some nice import bike on ebay, that they sell overseas. Very nice detail too.

@Diggersrule, WOW!!! Thanks! If you want I can take a picture in high resolution. :)

Charlie8575, At least they are not 26... :D

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,that has to be the most coolest,bestest,awesomest,version ever done of this kit past or present,the attention to the details that you have given it from the door openings,straps on rear doors,under the hood even,the list just goes on.....I bow to thee.........

i agree!

Thank you Fabrizio for this excellent Built! Awesome!

And you give me the kick for my brain, what i could do with my gluebomb-van and bike! This idea, to build a "Teamvan" is real cool. If its allowed, i will do the same on my own?

Edited by Dominik

@Cherokeered, The bike is a Heller Kit, here the link of the one in the van. http://www.modelcars...sr&fromsearch=1

Nice and fun kit to build, only 34 parts, and also have a driver. They are pretty cheap, I think I paid mine $5 last year.

Great....Where can I pick up some of these....where did you get yours?

Edited by cherokeered

Great....Where can I pick up some of these....where did you get yours?

I bought it at the swap meet time ago. :) For that reason I call all this project "a the swap meet with the van"... :D

There are two on ebay for 9.99 plus 7.XX of shipping, George 53 said that you can find them also on squadron.com for $4.95. There is a model show the first week of May, if I go, I will look a them and PM you right away if I find something.

@Dig, thank you! :)

I spent some time to find this post, I didn't know it was in this section...

In looking over this build , I see you really took the time to incorporate a lot of detail the 1-1 vans had . Goes to show ya , not all van kits had to have Shag Rug interiors . Ed Shaver

Yep, plus carry a motorcycle on a carpet is not nice... :D

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all!!! :)

@Dominik, sure you can build one! :) Post picture so I can see it! :)

Sure i will do that - thank you Fabrizio ;)

Today i took the old amt-van "Chevy Custom Van Foxy Box", it has the long wheelbase but a veeery thick body. This makes cutting out the doors very hard, so i ordered the same van like yours.