Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gen 1 Lightning-Last pic! 1/28/14

another possibly silly question, is the dual tanks a normal feature for "lightning" thanks for filling me in on the other details

a gen 2 owner showed me a cell phone video of his lightning at "cruisin the coast" this past october. Before vs after he ported his super charger

wicked difference!! makes me want to port the charger on my saturn!!

That red really makes the truck come to life. IMHO, I like these square bodied Lightnings the best. (I really miss when pretty much all trucks were square bodied.) They looked like your average joe decided to get creative with his work horse and built something special. Yeah, I'm a Chevy guy but, the orignal Lightning was a cool concept.

Got some front end stuff started...I black washed the head lights and where the grille meets the lights....I also used a black vinyl behind the grille from where I opened it up so looks better rhat way...Hopefully I can start wet sand and buff tomorrow

2014-01-212014-01-21002001.jpg

Edited by slammedi'am

that guys truck was white as far a s know hes a local from down here in ms wasn't a out of towner in for cruisin the coast......

got a gen 1 that needs rebuild and some tlc missing wheels mirrors, and top half of the engine, so i dug out my f150 amt shortbed truck kit its the kit that comes with some awsome accesories ground effects nice bed accesories and fishnet tailgate as well

it appears that the lightning may have come from that kit?? as you mentioned you had to "remove" all the belt mouldings on the sides to make it lightning correct? i may be able to make my own clear plastic lenses for the headlamps as those are m.i.a. too but its cool to have a rebuilder to get started on along with the hundred or so others!! :lol: