Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram '67 Corvette 427 Coupe

drgplstc

Hi Todd,

Yes, I have built more than a couple of these. :D I`ll post some pictures below. The kit goes together pretty well with no surprises and builds up really nicely. I usually skip the photo-etch set for it, as I think some of the kit`s chrome plated parts are more accurate (the gas cap in particular), though the 427 badges are closer to the correct thickness on the PE parts. Let me know if you have any questions.

fromfront2-1.jpg

fromrear.jpgrealgoodfirst2.jpg

067blackfinishgood3.jpg

067blackfinishgood7.jpg

If you're looking for aftermarket, check out TDR Innovations. He sells 3D printed parts for various engines and scales, though there may be some adjustments necessary to get them to fit on the kit parts (parts are technically designed for his own blocks that he sells, so they are slightly different than the kit blocks). It may be worth getting the valve covers from him at least, since the kit valve covers all have the wrong bolt pattern (8 bolts rather than the correct 7).

Hawk thanks for posting the pics. Hope mine comes out half as nice. I would like to see a couple pictures of the chassis and a few more of the engine if you don't mind. This is the first big scale model since I was a little kid, I'm not trying to go crazy on it just adding a few details here and there. Did you use the kit tires with the rallye wheels from the Camaro?

I am not impressed with the fitment of the grille at all that is why I ask about the photo etched parts. Also I would like some different valve covers (I looked at the TDR stuff but it looked as if on the valve covers you had to buy all of them not just one set)

Anyone know how i can get in touch with TDR by Phone or Email?

thanks again for the pointers

Thank you Jordan! I did not find that page in my searching....

Hawk I also ordered a back issue for the mag you have in your sig.

Cool. B) In it, I give details on how I do the finish on my cars.

I really like what Harry did on the cover, showing the contrast between my dealer showroom `vette and Dr. Cranky`s post apocalyptic wrecker. :lol::D

Wow, those Vettes are simply stunning!

After seeing those, I am thinking about quitting the model hobby altogether. Even if I actively build every day, and seriously challenge myself along the way, I doubt that I'll ever be able to build one half that good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just a quick update. I have not had a lot of time to work on this model much with work and expecting my first kid soon. But I went around the doors, headlight with the back of an #11 blade and sanded most all of the bad spots that I could see and got a good coat of primer on it. I'll try to get a few pictures this weekend while I got some time to work on it.

Wow, those Vettes are simply stunning!

After seeing those, I am thinking about quitting the model hobby altogether. Even if I actively build every day, and seriously challenge myself along the way, I doubt that I'll ever be able to build one half that good.

Sure you can! Practice,,Practice,,Practice,,you can do anything you put your mind to.

• 4 weeks later...