Model Cars Magazine Forum

The search function here is useless. When you do a search,you will get everything but what you were actually searching for. :rolleyes: Often when I find a topic has been moved, I'll go to my profile,click my content. Then choose posts only or topics only. Then I can find the topic or post I was looking for. Simple isn't it?? :rolleyes:

Often when I find a topic has been moved, I'll go to my profile,click my content. Then choose posts only or topics only. Then I can find the topic or post I was looking for. Simple isn't it?? :rolleyes:

There is an easier way.

Post your topic where it's supposed to go and it won't be moved and you won't have to go hunting for it.

Casey: Doing that brings up threads where he is mentioned (plus a few newer ones he's started), but he's looking to find all the threads that he has started.

The only thing that the search feature here has going for it is the option to display results in topic form. Scale Auto's search function doesn't have this feature (that I can find), so every result is in post form, even if every single result is from the same thread which can get agitating.

I am new...but I cannot find anything the second time around. Sometimes I get lucky and remember someone's name to search with..but most of the time I do not. Guess I am also used to how easy it is in Vbulletin.

Hope it gets easier as time goes on.

Finding my own is no issue. I don't have many posts. Hahahahaha

There is an easier way.

Post your topic where it's supposed to go and it won't be moved and you won't have to go hunting for it.

Well, I've never made a search on this forum that wasn't useless. All I get is stuff with specific words highlighted and nothing of value.

Someone here posted how to do a Google search for this site. It actually works and I find everything I look for! Wish I could remember who posted this as it works as good as Google!

Paste this in bold: site:modelcarsmag.com gmc into Google and replace gmc at the end with your search terms.

This will work for any site if you replace the address with the one you want to search.

Edited by Foxer

Someone here posted how to a Google search for this site. It actually works and I find everything I look for! Wish I could remember who posted this as it works as good as Google!

Paste this in bold: site:modelcarsmag.com gmc into Google and replace gmc at the end with your search terms.

Awesome!!!! Thank you.

Casey: Doing that brings up threads where he is mentioned (plus a few newer ones he's started), but he's looking to find all the threads that he has started.

Using the Google search as suggested above - site:modelcarsmag.com "Started by blubaja", I get eight posts Frank has started.

I see the problem with searching Frank's "Topics" here:

blubaja's Content

There have been 5 items by blubaja (Search limited from 04-September 11)

I'm not sure why the search is limited from September of 2011. Maybe Gregg or Dave Ambose could answer that?

I was looking for a specific thread of mine. But I don't remember what I had titled it:/ That's why I needed to look through them all. And yea, searching on google for anything on here is better than just through here lol. Thanks for letting me know it's not just me being a dumbA lol

Well, I've never made a search on this forum that wasn't useless. All I get is stuff with specific words highlighted and nothing of value.

Exactly Skip! A while back I did a search for a '67 Impala because I wanted to get some ideas for one and wanted to see if anyone had ever built a custom out of one. I typed in '67 Impala and clicked search. I got every thread that had '67 or Impala in it, but not a single one (after going through four or five pages) that had '67 Impala in it. :rolleyes:

There is an easier way.

Kinda hard to do when you aren't the person that started the topic,but happen to be a participant in a discussion.

Exactly Skip! A while back I did a search for a '67 Impala because I wanted to get some ideas for one and wanted to see if anyone had ever built a custom out of one. I typed in '67 Impala and clicked search. I got every thread that had '67 or Impala in it, but not a single one (after going through four or five pages) that had '67 Impala in it. :rolleyes:

Try typing "67 impala" (with the quotation marks) into the search box, instead of '67 Impala, and I think you'll be more satisfied with the search results. It works great on eBay, too.

Try typing "67 impala" (with the quotation marks) into the search box, instead of '67 Impala, and I think you'll be more satisfied with the search results. It works great on eBay, too.

Thanx Casey! I'll try that the next time. I've never had a problem with the search on ebay. Maybe pin a topic letting others know the trick on the search function?