Model Cars Magazine Forum

obscure car movies

So i'm working the overnight shift and I stop in to see my dad at work during my shift and he's watching this really bad movie called Highwaymen.

The plot involves some handycapped man who drives a 1972 Cadillac and kills people with it, but the hero drives a Barricuda(i'm not sure of the year) the stunts are horrible but the Cuda has a hemi and it's driving scenes are pretty cool.

I thought it would be fun to see how many other old obscure car movies there are out there.

Post your favs.

My personal fav is The Wraith with charlie sheen.

Later,

Mike

I GOTTA find a VHS or DVD of "The Lively Set". This is the movie which features the Chrysler Turbine Car, as a racing car. It's pretty campy...............(circa 1964) but a neat movie just the same! Pamela Tiffin in her younger days was pretty hot too! :D 8)

Highwaymen wasn't that bad of a movie, really; there's plenty of others that are more cheesy(like The Wraith, or The Car). As long as you suspend any technical or historical knowledge you have about '68 Hemi Barracudas, it's an enjoyable film......kinda like "the Fast and the Furious" was.

A buddy of mine is a 'Cuda enthusiast & owner, and we had him over for dinner this past Sunday. I've been raving about our home theatre setup, and I figured Highwaymen was a good one to test it out for him.

Bill, I'm not sure I ever heard of that movie...but thats why I started this post,

Dave what do you mean the Wraith was cheesy, thats the most realistic car movie ever made LOL.

My basis for calling Highwaymen cheesy was not due to any technical knowledge but to scenes like when the Cuda's door gets ripped off and the girl surf rides it to saftey then later when observing the door for evidence, there are no scratches on it.

BTW I like your clip of Mad Max, it reminds me of the movie My Science project where the GTO's blower also gets turned on via a toggle switch.

Keep post'n em.

Later,

Mike

The Blues Brothers and the "blues mobile" crashing through the mall while listening to Sam'n Dave on 8-track always gets my vote.... 8)

VW Dave, could you please post your real name in the signature box section of your profile.... thank you!

Swiss Conspiracy with David Janssen and Elke Sommer. Great chase scene with 2 Ferrari Daytona Spyders on Futa pass. Killer soundtrack of that too.

Cool.

Quickie hijack.

I see that the Ferrari P4/5 Pininfarina (December pics) are now public. Zoweeeee! I want it in 1/24.

Photo copyright goes to James Glickenhouse, not Ultimatecarpage. Yada yada.

perrarip45-vi.jpg

anyone ever seen "rendevous"? driving a ferrari through the streets of paris in the early AM at full tilt. ###### thats excitement plus!

Hey! I just saw that the other day on Google and I have the link here!............

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=28...mp;q=lelouch%3E

If you guys love Ferraris......you gotta see this one!

The guy is NUTS!!

We found the Rendezvous DVD a couple years ago @ the local Ferrari dealership in the parts aka toy department right after it was released again. They previously had VHS tapes for $100 :shock:

It's insane! But after playing NFSU a bit too much :roll: it was almost tame :wink:

So i'm working the overnight shift and I stop in to see my dad at work during my shift and he's watching this really bad movie called Highwaymen.

The plot involves some handycapped man who drives a 1972 Cadillac and kills people with it, but the hero drives a Barricuda(i'm not sure of the year) the stunts are horrible but the Cuda has a hemi and it's driving scenes are pretty cool.

I thought it would be fun to see how many other old obscure car movies there are out there.

Post your favs.

My personal fav is The Wraith with charlie sheen.

Later,

Mike

Highwaymen - I've seen that flick, surprised anyone else has...

Although I wouldn't necessarily call it obscure, Ronin was one of the best car chase movies of all time IMO and a lot of people haven't seen it. It was thrilling w/o being too "Hollywood" and the cars that they used were spot-on in believability.

The Blues Brothers and the "blues mobile" crashing through the mall while listening to Sam'n Dave on 8-track always gets my vote.... 8)

VW Dave, could you please post your real name in the signature box section of your profile.... thank you!

Jairus, I agree with you on the Bluesmobile mall scene - classic stuff right there. There's plenty of quotable lines in there too, like:

*'The new Oldsmobiles are in early this year.'

*Lots of space in this mall.'

:D

Signature tuned up as well; thanks for the tip.

Disco Pants and hair cuts. This place has got everything. I love that movie. I have worn out 4 videos of that movie, seen it over 200 times. A friend if mine use to be a Mount Prospect Police officer and the Blues Mobile was his first Cruiser. He turned it in just before filming.

Although I wouldn't necessarily call it obscure, Ronin was one of the best car chase movies of all time IMO and a lot of people haven't seen it. It was thrilling w/o being too "Hollywood" and the cars that they used were spot-on in believability.

That was done by John Frankenhiemer(sp?), same cat that did "Gran Prix"... the chase scene through the tunnels was just wild!!

Hi guys. . .

I remebmer seeing a "B" movie, I think it was mid to late 70's :?

The featured car was a silver, early Willys Jeep, that had a blown engine, no hood and straight axle up front, also, it had colored lights in the engine area. It Featured other street racers, but that Jeep really caught my eye! I really don't remember the movie's plot, or the title, any guess?

Bye.

P.S:

I really liked "The Wraith", cool movie!

There was a movie called "Out of Sight" with Karen Jensen and Robert Pine. A Barris car called the ZZR was in it. There was a model kit of this too. Wish I could get a copy of the movie and the model. This would be a good one for The Model King to find. The movie was a surfer/spy spoof

The movie Velocity with Jack Nicholson

It is about a modern day SCCA type racer who has

devil may care tude and this crusty looking guy that kind of looks

like Jack starts to tell what the kid will end up like. The story

is a flashback to an old beatnik movie starring Jack

it is pretty cheesy.