Model Cars Magazine Forum

Curious Question????

chris coller

I do slot car bodys from time to time. This beeing a model builders website this question might be trivial. So here it goes! Is there anyone who is looking for slot car bodys to be built for them? Or perhaps knowing someone who is looking to have bodys done? Do mostly pro stock and racing subjects. Looking for a little suplimentary income. Being laid off sucks!!

• 1 month later...

I could use a few cars done....1/64 antiques to fit the Aurora vibrator chassis. Maybe a Pierce Arrow. I've never seen one of those. Model A's or T's, I'm open to other suggestions too. I've got a theory that it'll look better if you're into it (and it might cost me less). Never seen an Edsel in HO slots either. It'd be kinda funny beating a Vette or Porche with an Edsel. And, I think you'd be able to sell a bunch on that big ole auction site, E%^Y, just for the novelty of it. I enjoy scenery more than models. nothing like replicating a shale rock wall along a creekbed, or an overhang with a leaning tree. I used to see these all the time at Olcott Beach on Lake Ontario, American side. Giant boulders left by the glaciers scattered about. Tankers and container ships in the distance. Great memories. Let me know how much each too...

I would ply your trade on a few slot car web sites such as:

Slot Forum

Slot Blog

Old Weird Harolds Slot Car Forum

Slot Car Illustrated

Join all of them and start posting what you have built. You will generate more interest in 1/32 scale so be forwarned.

Good luck!

Jairus

• 2 months later...
I do slot car bodys from time to time. This beeing a model builders website this question might be trivial. So here it goes! Is there anyone who is looking for slot car bodys to be built for them? Or perhaps knowing someone who is looking to have bodys done? Do mostly pro stock and racing subjects. Looking for a little suplimentary income. Being laid off sucks!!

I build drag slot cars with resin & styrene bodies...& yes I am looking for someone who paints bodies, but they have to be REALLY good.