Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #172 FINISHED

Real or model?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

Model! is it just me or does the grill opening look shiny on the inside???

...Nope, it's not you.

I'm gonna say........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................MODEL! :(

I'm going with real on this one. The wheels are my clue. Very very few model set get the borrani wheels right and these appear to have the proper three rows, though I don't detect the valve stem. The sticker appears to be from a colorado vintage event and would not be something that you would see just any old modeler throw on. If I am wrong this is really a very nice build!

I'm going with real on this one. The wheels are my clue. Very very few model set get the borrani wheels right and these appear to have the proper three rows, though I don't detect the valve stem. The sticker appears to be from a colorado vintage event and would not be something that you would see just any old modeler throw on. If I am wrong this is really a very nice build!

Exactly!!

It looks real but I think it is a very well done model because the wheel rims have something on them that looks like trimmed sprue on the edges next to the tires. Don't know how many E jag kits there were but this could be the 1/8th Monogram kit converted to a convertible racer. I had one, sold it un-built, and it had some nice wire wheels like these. Also no visible valve stems. I say Model.

Edited by pepperdrumstix