Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #84 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

• Real
    • Model

Yeh,the tires where the only thing (things) that had a model look about them. Good one Harry see ya monday!

The tires were a no-brainer for me. Those are Denman tires, well-known for their straight tread grooves---while Denman has stuck with that tread style for about 50 years (they were the first aftermarket tire maker to produce tires in all the odd sizes for antique cars), companies such as Coker Tire Company are producing much better tires, with reproduction zig-zag tread patterns which grip the road far better than anything Denman ever came up with.

As for the radiator, for starters, the Brass-era T radiator is what you see--no separate shell, as with say, a Model A Ford. That polished brass is the top tank, the bottom tank, and the side frame. Good clean, straight originals are almost nonexistent today, but several makers have produced exact reproductions just like the one on this car.

The fenders, hood, chassis and running gear of this car are stock Model T Ford. What little bodywork there is, is reproduction done in the 80's or 90's.

Art

Harry, thanks for posting the extra detail shots.

While the brass era cars don't interest me, I have always liked the "Speedster" bodies.

I know the Ford Model T's are now very unorthodox to drive with their planetary transmissions.

One of my "if I win the lottery" 1/1 cars is a T Speedster with a mildly hopped up "B" motor, transmission and "juice brakes". But I would have to keep the Model T wires!

Now to find my AMT T kits. Thanks Harry, another model project I don't need! :o:lol:;) !