Model Cars Magazine Forum

Update: 2015 Hellcat destroyed, now up for bid...

A man does need to know his limitations for certain. Suggesting some time on a performance driving course before purchase is quite good. Funny thing for me is: My first car was a 72 Buick GS 455 car that my older brother ordered new. In my youth, that was the only car I owned that I never wrecked. My driving record went bad when I bought a 78 VW Rabbit.

a couple of things: the guy might have had insurance, and even if the car is a "total" that doesn't mean there aren't salvageable parts there, like that engine and stuff. so its not like he totally lost out. think of the rat rod he can build for his next drive.

so it was only an hour, but WHAT AN HOUR!

jb

Been looking for a similar story on the H.A.M.B. but couldn't find the post or the photo. in '66 or 67 some young kid bought a brand new 327/350 hp Nova SS at the dealer, stopped to pick up his friends, then went straight to the dragstrip where his friends watched him get out of control on his first pass and kill the car and himself with less than 50 miles on the clock.

This is a true story, my brother in law had been test driving Mustang GTs at every lot in the area. Tests drives a used one here in town on the way to the lot Nails it loses control runs through the furniture store's landscaping and knocks 2 parked cars into a drainage canal 15 feet deep all 3 totaled. Landscaping damage over 5000. I guess he thought skill came with the car. His Insure paid it all.....

Edited by slusher