Model Cars Magazine Forum

51 Fleetliner gettin mo ratty

CB

Whatta ya mean, aint no tub? :) its just them big huge sidewalls o dat Murky coverin it up! and whatta yer talkin 2 Fleetliners??? I only greeed to do 1 -a gasser 51 to blow yer doors off (well, right now, anyhow :D )...... dude, you gotta quit givin me ideas B) pearl purple w/ chrome steelies fer the Murky Panel-excellent suggestion!! might hafta try some flames on that too! Tanks, Florian!! :lol:

hey i thought if you are buildn a delivery or a station there is a tub with a back section for the loadin space right :o so if u use the panels from the kit that section is missin if i am wrong please correct me. As for the fleetlines okay one and i kinda decided if you want to run v8 power go ahead but its go to only be carburate no blowers of injections. Lets see what u got :D . Tahnks for all the nice comments though. Well does anyone make a 36 chevy turck model? I got a 33 mpc panel van yesterday and a amt 32 roadster but thats it i know of chevy. Well great builds everyone and keep goin on that fleetline till its done crapn. :D

hey i thought if you are buildn a delivery or a station there is a tub with a back section for the loadin space right :o so if u use the panels from the kit that section is missin if i am wrong please correct me. As for the fleetlines okay one and i kinda decided if you want to run v8 power go ahead but its go to only be carburate no blowers of injections. Lets see what u got :D . Tahnks for all the nice comments though. Well does anyone make a 36 chevy turck model? I got a 33 mpc panel van yesterday and a amt 32 roadster but thats it i know of chevy. Well great builds everyone and keep goin on that fleetline till its done crapn. :D

GEORGE! you see dat? not only does Florian got the passion for the rods - he must be hangin with Gramps behind our backs "keep goin on that fleetline till its done crapn" coz he's got the same kinda wit,too. :):lol:

That's grrreat! Florian. Yer learnin from the best there with Gramps! and like George says, enjoy every minute of workin on them old cars & truks, every busted knuckle, every carb rebuild--all of it! It's just you and the infernal combustion machine - none of this compooperized ######! Oh man! now I wanna go get me a 1:1 so's I can set points and adjust the dwell. Didn't I say so, George? Florian aint nuttin but trouble - GOOD trouble!! yeah, life sux at times, so nice to know I got a place to hang with some real cool friends. Sorry fer ribbin ya bout the Murky Panel, Florian. yeah I'm porbly gonna scratch an interior and open the back door(s) and flock it B) any ideas on the color? and for my gassers engine, it's gonna be a 235 bored out to 349 :D with carbs. gonna be a duel of 6s

Guest Gramps-xrds

I got a 33 mpc panel van yesterday and a amt 32 roadster but thats it i know of chevy. Well great builds everyone and keep goin on that fleetline till its done crapn. :D

Had a little bit of time to work on the rat. Got the pans glued to the front & back of the frame so's I could fit the grille up. Like the cheapo 'customizing' of removing the center grille bar, just like the 1:1. gonna kill the shine of the chrome, specially on them headlight bezels. Geezoman! I want it to look ratty--not ugly B)

ratfindsshinystuff-vi.jpg

GEORGE! you see dat? not only does Florian got the passion for the rods - he must be hangin with Gramps behind our backs "keep goin on that fleetline till its done crapn" coz he's got the same kinda wit,too. :D:lol:

That's grrreat! Florian. Yer learnin from the best there with Gramps! and like George says, enjoy every minute of workin on them old cars & truks, every busted knuckle, every carb rebuild--all of it! It's just you and the infernal combustion machine - none of this compooperized ######! Oh man! now I wanna go get me a 1:1 so's I can set points and adjust the dwell. Didn't I say so, George? Florian aint nuttin but trouble - GOOD trouble!! yeah, life sux at times, so nice to know I got a place to hang with some real cool friends. Sorry fer ribbin ya bout the Murky Panel, Florian. yeah I'm porbly gonna scratch an interior and open the back door(s) and flock it :(any ideas on the color? and for my gassers engine, it's gonna be a 235 bored out to 349 ;) with carbs. gonna be a duel of 6s

No problem crapn. Its okay everyone has his 5 mins. Well for the color on the inside, i was thinkin a white interior tuck and roll with purple pin stripes to represent threads. Oh that 235 sounds nasty :D Sorry but i cant post my truck and trailer pics tonight. I got done with my graduation and went to a local cruise with my dad much fun. We went home and i got a major headache so i couldnt do anything but i promisse that i will post tomorrow. As for the fleet you are buildin here its lookin well ratty :P looks great crapn. Yes i agree after a long day its great just to chill on this board. Tahnks for being good friends :D everyone

No problem crapn. Its okay everyone has his 5 mins. Well for the color on the inside, i was thinkin a white interior tuck and roll with purple pin stripes to represent threads. Oh that 235 sounds nasty :D Sorry but i cant post my truck and trailer pics tonight. I got done with my graduation and went to a local cruise with my dad much fun. We went home and i got a major headache so i couldnt do anything but i promisse that i will post tomorrow. As for the fleet you are buildin here its lookin well ratty :P looks great crapn. Yes i agree after a long day its great just to chill on this board. Tahnks for being good friends :D everyone
but Florian! I really wanted to make it all fuzzy :P:lol: . my very first thought was to make it as a ride for the band my son & I are hooked up with. Their name is ''Persephone's Dream" and purple is their color. Tuck & roll is probly the way to go. That'd look goodly along them big long inside panels. Gonna hafta scratch some 1/25 geetars & keyboreds for it. Congratz on the graduation - good way to celebrate-- with a local cruise. I keep missin the cruises here in town - too many other things goin on (women ;) ). Nice that you & yer Dad are both total gearheads :) Lookin forward to eyeballin yer truk & trailer. Like my buddy used to say, "Take your time -- but HURRY UP!" :D

:D Uu,Uu,######'n if I member correctly, there was like a copper underbase to the chrome on the grille,My Pop had PAINTED his with silver paint on the 52 caz some of the chrome had actually worn thru!!!NOW THAT would be Rattey! ( Details,Details) :):lol: Edited by george 53

:D Uu,Uu,######'n if I member correctly, there was like a copper underbase to the chrome on the grille,My Pop had PAINTED his with silver paint on the 52 caz some of the chrome had actually worn thru!!!NOW THAT would be Rattey! ( Details,Details) :lol::D
tanks George! in my research I seen quite a few 51s with the center bar removed. This exploder shows that it was removable (well....anyting's removable - torch :D ) but, mebbe the copper was the deflectors? I'm hopin to get the 'chrome' lookin like yer Dad's - silver paint over rust! :) oh boy oh boy obhoy I are ezvcited

haha

i found a rat that i forgot about

its a 40 ford coupe with a seriouse chopped top and still needs to be built

ill post pics later if you want but it is sweet

definantly different from doing lowriders

a ford? a freakin ford?!! on this thread??? :P:blink::D

fer sure Kevin! love to see that! I be tryin to get up the courage to get my maroon 40Ford sedan what's got Cragars on it from my ex so's I can post pix of it. Poor things just sittin in her curio cabinet with the model of my 95 S10 longbed that I made outa two shortbread kits, and a buncha dolphins and ###### like dat :)

crapn love the grill should have done that on mine. check out my thread tonight as my gasser is being painted as i post this :wacko::wacko::P . hope you like it. Oh evil saw the ford looks pretty cool.

Screw it. Its in the dip tanks but not because i screwed up, just because a fly landed in my clear and while in it moved around so it got into my color to. Tryed to take it out but coldnt and if i could it would take paint with it so i have to start over. What sucks is it was due to be done next saturday. :wacko: I am pissed of as hell and i dont know if i will get it done in time now.

Screw it. Its in the dip tanks but not because i screwed up, just because a fly landed in my clear and while in it moved around so it got into my color to. Tryed to take it out but coldnt and if i could it would take paint with it so i have to start over. What sucks is it was due to be done next saturday. :wacko: I am pissed of as hell and i dont know if i will get it done in time now.
Dont let it get to ya Florian. We're sposed to be havin fun! You'll get er done. While yer waitin fer the paint to dry so's you can start over, go on a freakin rampage and kill every one of dem flies!! :wacko: just don't destroy the rest of the place doing so :wacko:

Dont let it get to ya Florian. We're sposed to be havin fun! You'll get er done. While yer waitin fer the paint to dry so's you can start over, go on a freakin rampage and kill every one of dem flies!! :wacko: just don't destroy the rest of the place doing so :wacko:

hahaha. Thanks for cheering me up guys. Thanks