Model Cars Magazine Forum

Working Rear Shocks and Driveshaft with articulated U-joints

Scale-Master

Injectors actually. 30 plus parts in the "rear" one (actually in the foreground & left) and not quite as many in the forward one (right). So far... The main throttle bodies are all that are used from the kit, (modified). The red & black switch is one of the actuator switches for the NOS system. The synchronizing adjustment screws have springs around them to keep them from moving on their own, they also have Phillips heads...

DSC00271C.jpg

DSC00270C.jpg

Question from a newbee to machining: How did you make the radius in the transition from narrow to wide? Any special trick?

No special trick. Of course use the regular "measure twice cut once" rule. (I usually measure more than twice...)

You can cut your own tool to create the desired fillet or radius. Grind the radius into the tool and set it up in your holder to cut the angle and the inside radius at the same time. I hope that's clear...

And Thank You!

Thanks Mark! I'm on the right track. I did some radius to a tool. I'll try a simple small tank, like those in the front bumper of early gassers....

Thanks for keeping the rest of us mortals inspired!

Thanks,

Nope, not for big rigs...

Machined the horns, hardware and filter parts. The red rings are "plastic" snap on items to hold the debris screens on, actually machined from aluminum, (what else?). SMS HiDef C/F on the mount plate.

Still working on the filter part of the air box...

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00400C.jpg

Thought I'd include the "big" ruler in a shot...

DSC00402C.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The boots for the wires are machined aluminum with vinyl tubing. The bottom one is fully assembled and painted, the one above is the assembled parts. The rest of the parts are above them, the one different part is the boot for the coil.

DSC00422.jpg

Almost finished distributor, ready for installation.

DSC00442.jpg

Coil assembly, mounted and wired into the system.

DSC00485.jpg

Other side view of mounted distributor. Still much to do in the engine compartment (and other places).

DSC00486.jpg

The actual ignition wire is from an old remote controlled Countach model I had in the 70's. Saving the old stuff is not the problem, finding it when you want it is...