Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Caprice TX DPS and Dallas Police Car

English Jules

Need to redo the arials on the car where they are too thick, i put them on very tired one night and never noticed i picked up the wrong plastic rod. I have a couple of hundred fotos in the album, popped a link at the bottom, from the very start

Im after some license plates, seen a guy on US ebay who does say 4 pairs, but they are all the same. seems daft to me.

Will be placed on a base, grass/tarmac etc. hopefully together having stopped a car for a traffic violated. (would both cars be at the same place or never seen together pulling over a car, maybe one calls for backup etc??)

I added the cable from the lightbar into the car, and added extra lights to the one on the Dallas car as seen in fotos.

Please give me comments, how to improve etc even . cheers

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0961.jpgIMG_0786.jpg

http://s955.photobucket.com/user/mrcooljules/library/model_making/Revell%20Caprice%20Txs%20DPS%20and%20Dallas%20Caprice

Good job on the cop cars. The answer to your question about both departments being on the same scene is yes. Texas Highway Patrol has jurisdiction about everywhere in the state and they do stop to assist other departments and agencies. Some times they will arrive at the scene of another departments traffic stop to make sure everything is ok and if anyone needs assistance. It also goes the other way. Many State Troopers work alone and their closest backup may be miles away. It is not uncommon for local departments to assist the Highway Patrol or provide backup.

Good job on the cop cars. The answer to your question about both departments being on the same scene is yes. Texas Highway Patrol has jurisdiction about everywhere in the state and they do stop to assist other departments and agencies. Some times they will arrive at the scene of another departments traffic stop to make sure everything is ok and if anyone needs assistance. It also goes the other way. Many State Troopers work alone and their closest backup may be miles away. It is not uncommon for local departments to assist the Highway Patrol or provide backup.

It's rather common for Texas DPS and Dallas PD to work Joint-DUI Task Force, and other type of high intensity freeway patrol (speed enforcement) jobs together.

Nice Caprices...

I still don't know, why Revell, didn't retooled it to meet the 1994-1996 LT-1 specs, they already have the Impala ss.....

Police cars models are always selling good, just as the 1:1 units!!

Maybe in a near future??

But both of yours are looking really good!!

Congratulations! :)

thanks guys. hope to start work on the base soon. long rather than wide (width of a highway) so both cars are inline, with either a normal car infront, or down a grass banking. on this link are some figures. i want to add one or 2, even if i have to repain the uniforms. so if you local guys could point out which uniforms are the closest, and maybe a link you can find me showing the real thing. that would be imense.

http://www.policecarmodels.com/g1pofi.html

oh, seen the move Sugarland express recently.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...