Model Cars Magazine Forum

FROM THE TREEHUGGER'S WORK BENCH

E St. Kruiser50

Bet you thought you'd see a coupla fir tree's with a "cruddy" ol' bench stuck between um, didn' ya :D

Well the "Retro- Vette" sorta got outta hand, but here I am back at these ol' gals, who's still waitin' for some LUV ;) .

Some of these have been on the "Back Burner" just simmerin', for a coupla years, so sorta decided I needed to get some of this done.

The "Spiney" looking high-boy with cycle fender's is a scratch-built 1929 Auburn Boat-tail Cabin Speedster.

The leadsled is a scratch-built 1/24 scale 1950 Lincoln, that'll take about another year of hard work to finish.

The Mercury is almost done. Art Deco style, with no body lines like doors and so forth.

The '55 "Shooo-Box" has been "Vette-ized" ;) .

And then there's the "Caddy".

I'll add a few more later - dave :lol:

Photobucket2008306.jpg

Photobucket2008307.jpg

Photobucket2008309.jpg

Photobucket2008312.jpg

Photobucket2008324.jpg

Photobucket2008325.jpg

Photobucket2008315.jpg

Photobucket2008316.jpg

Edited by Treehugger Dave

Dave,

I never realized you were into lead sleds that much..! I'm liken' the Caddy with the Chezoom roof line BUT have you considered a slight wedge section out of the sides..? From the back of the front fender @ 0 inches to the front of the rear fender @ 3/32nd inch... This would lower the appearance of the rear without more suspension work. Dwayne Jones did a 49 Merc simular to this proceedure & I think it could work on your Caddy as well... Makes the front ride high & the back squat..!

In any case, I like them all, even the 29 boat tail -

Hizoot :lol:

Dave,

I never realized you were into lead sleds that much..! I'm liken' the Caddy with the Chezoom roof line BUT have you considered a slight wedge section out of the sides..? From the back of the front fender @ 0 inches to the front of the rear fender @ 3/32nd inch... This would lower the appearance of the rear without more suspension work. Dwayne Jones did a 49 Merc simular to this proceedure & I think it could work on your Caddy as well... Makes the front ride high & the back squat..!

In any case, I like them all, even the 29 boat tail -

Hizoot :D

Hey Jeff :lol:

Yeah, I've done the "WEDGY THING" before like you describe.

Here's a Merc of mine I built about 8 or 9 years ago, and did the "WEDGY THING" to it to the rear, and then painted with silver HOK Micro-mini Flake, then Tangerine and gold HOK candies that I mixed up using their intensifiers, and coated with a catalyzed HOK clear coat.

Pretty fun build - dave ;)

2008_1121Photobucket10017.jpg

2008_1121Photobucket10016.jpg

Davearino,Daddy-O your like Mr Biggs, even your junk is better'n some guys models(namely MINE) So your stuff you show is ALWAYS killer! These newbies have yet ta see the Hollywood, Which to me is more of a work of art than a model. The cabin speedster is too cool too I for one, am ALWAYS happy to see your models, finished or not.Your truly an insperation to guys like me! Ahhhh, maybe someday I'll be.......Nahhh, not likely, so I'm just content to look an drool over yours! :P:D;)

Hi Dave, nice to see your work again. But will you please show us one of these finished before the next decade! Hey, I got an idea...build something like a snapper or a box stock. Nah, fuggedaboudit. We all know that you like to challenge yourself. And thank you for your genius, you DO inspire us for sure. Gary

Davearino,Daddy-O your like Mr Biggs, even your junk is better'n some guys models(namely MINE) So your stuff you show is ALWAYS killer! These newbies have yet ta see the Hollywood, Which to me is more of a work of art than a model. The cabin speedster is too cool too I for one, am ALWAYS happy to see your models, finished or not.Your truly an insperation to guys like me! Ahhhh, maybe someday I'll be.......Nahhh, not likely, so I'm just content to look an drool over yours! :P:P:P

Hi George,

I don't know if you refer to me in this but I've had the pleasure of seeing Dave's beautiful 1940 Hollywood Grahm before, up close & personal. I saw it at GSL XX along with several of his projects & yes they do inspire...

Hizoot :P

Those are some really cool builds you got going on Dave.

You really know how to keep people at the edge of their seats..

The 55 Chev looks really sweet..

ha ha, They all look sweet...

Hey Zuk :)

Here's the '55 with some '05 'Vette wheels.

Everything inside, under the hood, and under the car will be from the '05 'Vette, with the '55 shell covering everything.

(Sorry about pic's - Used old camera)

Later - dave :o

2009_0323Photobucket10036.jpg

2009_0323Photobucket10037.jpg