Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Germany 1/24 Ferrari 250GTO for 2013

larrygre

Rob, the RoG issue you have is the ex- Protar tool. The opening doors and boot lid are the giveaway here. The old Monogram tool is an Aurora hand- me- down, from the same series of kits as the Maserati 3500 and Aston DB4. It's not a very good representation of a GTO... the body proportions are completely wrong. The Italeri GTO is an excellent kit, and was indeed reboxed by Testors in the 80s. How do you like the Fujimi kit?

I like the Fujimi kit..haven't had a chance yet to compare the RoG one w/ it.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me be put it this way, what should have the priority? A new version of an existing 'bad' kit or a totally new long waited for one? Revell did it right with the Tri five bringing missing versions of the Chevy model array, like the 56 Del Ray and Nomad, but in my opinion another 57 Bel Air sport Cope was unnecessary. A new 1959, 1963 and 1962 Corvettes are not as interesting as the missing 1961, 1965 and 1966 (in 1/25). The 1957 Ford Custom was a brilliant decision, but it would have been silly to ignore the lack of a 58 ford and to make another fairlane 500 club victoria.

I don't mean to enter any arguments, but 65 and 66 Corvettes look nearly identical and I don't see why we would need more than 1 year of a C2 Vette... Also don't see the point in a 61 Corvette when there is the new Revell 62...

Absolutely no point in tooling up every year of any generation of a car, unless they are radically different like the 54, 56, 59, and 62 Corvette C1s. As for the C2, C4, and C5, I think one of each gen. is enough, in my opinion.

• 4 years later...