Model Cars Magazine Forum

'59 Crystal Blue

GOTH KUSTOMS

Well here Is another gee man I gotta get this stuff done, It's '59 ElCamino, nuthin speacial, scratched build the hood scoop, painted Testor's raddle can Saphire Blue, smooth'd It out, and here Is a shot of the motor with sowing thread wire...

ElCaminoproject-2.jpg

ElCaminoproject-1.jpg

ElCaminoproject-4-1.jpg

ElCaminoproject-5-1.jpg

Edited by unforgiven

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here are some mock up picture's for every one, YEAH BUDDY, Crystal blue Is back on the bench. I'm still going to work on the ride hight but I just had to see...

Picture004.jpg

Picture002.jpg

OH BY THE WAY WHICH RIMS DO YOU THINK I SHOULD GO WITH? (A)

Picture005.jpg

OR SHOULD I GO WITH THESE? (B)

Picture006.jpg,

Yea I've made my choice but I wanna know what you guys think?

Edited by unforgiven

B) Un, I really like the idea of you usin a Pontiac engine in it! EVERYBODY uses Chevy engines in just about everything, It's nice to see a change of pace. Hey it's a GM engine inna GM, so whats the diff? It'll look good whatevers powerin it! :lol:

You're good George 53 you're the only one who has seen it Is a pontiac engine, man big KUDDO"s to you, my friend. Its a blown Pontiac 421, with the kit's Cadillac transmision. I was wondering when someone would catch up to me about the Pontiac motor. Good eye :D

Edited by unforgiven

Well It looks like we are gonna go with the Cragar's I did think of going with the other rims, you know to kinda change, things a little, but you guy's are right the Cragar's go with the body and the mild aggresiveness, of the whole car, thank's every one who made there opinion known....

Ok guys I channeld Crystal Blue, I dont know If you can tell it or not, and set the front end to the ground, so low In fact the A-frame will scrape the skin off an ant,, now I'm thinking It needs more channeling, It's channeld so much now the frame sit's 3/16" inside the body, but I dont know so I'm asking you guy's, more? or leave It alone? no I'm not looking for a drag truck look, just something that would be a wild nasty thing to drive, look...

HMMMMMM, I'm thinking In the rear?

ElCaminoproject-6.jpg

Edited by unforgiven