Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Fall 2013 Kit Announcements

Casey

Can anybody comment more about the ’53 Chevy Sedan Delivery? Assuming this is a re-issue of the 53/54, so just a gasser, no stock parts?

I don't think any of the Revell '53/'54 Chevy Sedans nor Sedan Delivery kits could be built 100% stock, but the stock grilles (at least the '54 grille is, the one shown on the built up/older box art) and door handles are present. IIRC there is a raised, straight axle with parallel leaf springs setup for the front end of the gasser version, but the stock front suspension parts are included, too. I don't believe this kit has been updated since the 1988 or so reissue which was molded in "Chianti red," like so:

panel1.jpg

"New" Beetle w/ new wheels. Not sure if it'll be the snapper or the glue kit, I'd lean towards the snapper, but there was supposed to have been a reissue of the glue kit as part of the "Basic Builder" line that ended up never happening, so it could be the glue kit.

Since there's a newer New Beetle I guess it's not really the New Beetle anymore?!?! What will they call it now, I wonder?

"New" Beetle w/ new wheels. Not sure if it'll be the snapper or the glue kit, I'd lean towards the snapper, but there was supposed to have been a reissue of the glue kit as part of the "Basic Builder" line that ended up never happening, so it could be the glue kit.

Since there's a newer New Beetle I guess it's not really the New Beetle anymore?!?! What will they call it now, I wonder?

It will always be the 'New Beetle' because the new generation is named 'Beetle' instead of New New Beetle.

Edited by Rob Hall

I keep looking at picture of the real second gen "New" Beetle, and can't see any bumper cover-to-fender cut lines as shown in Revell's pic, not to mention that blister/wedge/highlighted area(?) at the upper left corner.

Revell's pic must be a left front 3/4 view?:

11149.jpg

I keep looking at picture of the real second gen "New" Beetle, and can't see any bumper cover-to-fender cut lines as shown in Revell's pic, not to mention that blister/wedge/highlighted area(?) at the upper left corner.

Revell's pic must be a left front 3/4 view?:

Huh? The upcoming Revell kit is a reissue of the New Beetle kit, which a '99-00 or so. Not the new Beetle. No one has kitted the new Beetle yet, maybe RoG will eventually.

Edited by Rob Hall

BTW, I finally got the updated schedule through August. And remember, as always, they ship at the end of the month given.

May:

85-4036 Motorsports 1:25 '55 Jukebox Ford
85-4053 Trucks 1:25 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
85-4055 Muscle 1:25 '65 Chevelleâ„¢ SSâ„¢ 396 Z-16
85-4059 Street Burner 1:25 Dodge Magnum SRT8

85-4252 Special Edition 1:25 '90 Mustang LX 5.0 2n1

June:

85-1972 SnapTite® 1:25 Ford Expedition Police SSV
85-4056 Motor City 1:25 '69 Camaro® ZL-1
85-4264 Entertainment 1:24 Miami Vice Ferrari Testarossa

July (tentative):

85-4024 Motorsports 1:25 "Fireball" Roberts '57 Ford
85-4027 Entertainment 1:25 Smokey and the Bandit™ '77 Pontiac® Firebird®
85-4050 Foose™ 1:25 '64 Chevy® Impala™
85-4087 Corvette® 1:25 '67 Corvette® Convertible
85-7817 SSP 1:25 Miss Deal Funny Car

August (tentative):

85-2501 SSP 1:16 Kenworth® W-900 Conventional
85-4035 California Wheels® 1:24 Original Mini Cooper
85-4051 Foose™ 1:25 '67 Dodge Charger 426 HEMI®
85-4183 Car Show 1:24 L'il Coffin®
85-6732 Ed Rothâ„¢ Rat Finkâ„¢ with 1:25 Diorama

1/12 '69 Camaro Z/28 modified reissue with Chip Foose designed wheels and graphics

If this is accurate i really hope that the parts are there for a stock RS/SS. I won't touch it if is only a foose. On the other hand, i would imagine the aftermarket guys would step in eventually and fix the shortcoming like Scale Motorsports.

joe.

1/12 '69 Camaro Z/28 modified reissue with Chip Foose designed wheels and graphics

If this is accurate i really hope that the parts are there for a stock RS/SS. I won't touch it if is only a foose. On the other hand, i would imagine the aftermarket guys would step in eventually and fix the shortcoming like Scale Motorsports.

joe.

I really doubt they will do that..sounds like this as described-- the existing Z/28 kit with Foose wheels, large tires, and new decals..doubt if there are any other new parts.

Edited by Rob Hall

I really doubt they will do that..sounds like this as described-- the existing Z/28 kit with Foose wheels, large tires, and new decals..doubt if there are any other new parts.

I doubt Revell is going to tool up new RS tail lights, a new grille, etc. either. I am expecting just what the '68 Firebird kit got- new decals, new wheels, and matching tires.

Thank you Revell. This is a fantastic line-up and will take care of my spare change for a while.

Maybe one day we can convince Revell to reissue the 1969 Sand Crab dune buggy kit. I always thought it was just cool.

Thanks again to Revell and Round 2 for all they do for us modelers.

Keep up the great work.

Vernon

Thank you Revell. This is a fantastic line-up and will take care of my spare change for a while.

Maybe one day we can convince Revell to reissue the 1969 Sand Crab dune buggy kit. I always thought it was just cool.

I asked Ed Sexton about that very kit and subject-- backdating some of the Tom Daniel designed kits which were modified into *ahem* less desirable versions-- and was told they are considering doing that. He mentioned the Rommel's Rod, Circus Wagon, and Dragon Wagon, which were all either backdated or reverse enginereed, so it may happen someday. The Sand Crab has way more character and style than the Lil Van which it became, and TD kits have a very loyal and large following, so we'll have to see what happens.

As for the 1/12 '69 Camaro, I think Revell wants another "holiday" kit in the lineup come Black Friday, and this one's a pretty good choice. The Big Tub is discontinued and only the 1/12 Shelby remains, which I'm guessing will be discontinued next year after three years of availability.

I asked Ed Sexton about that very kit and subject-- backdating some of the Tom Daniel designed kits which were modified into *ahem* less desirable versions-- and was told they are considering doing that. He mentioned the Rommel's Rod, Circus Wagon, and Dragon Wagon, which were all either backdated or reverse enginereed, so it may happen someday. The Sand Crab has way more character and style than the Lil Van which it became, and TD kits have a very loyal and large following, so we'll have to see what happens.

As for the 1/12 '69 Camaro, I think Revell wants another "holiday" kit in the lineup come Black Friday, and this one's a pretty good choice. The Big Tub is discontinued and only the 1/12 Shelby remains, which I'm guessing will be discontinued next year after three years of availability.

Thanks for the info Casey. I picked up one of the (original) Sand Crab kits at a yard sale about two years ago but haven't started it yet. The only bad part in the kit is the deacls show thier age and a slight mark on the clear green roof cover. The box is in pretty good shape given it's age. I do plan on starting on this kit in the near future.

Vernon

Here's the pic of the to-be re-issued New Beetle:

And the sketch Revell has posted for the 1/12 Foose '69 Camaro:

Here's the pic I found from 2002 showing a '69 Camaro at Foose's shop, which looks a lot closer to the earlier sketch Revell showed:

Guest G Holding

I'm surprised they're issuing anything at all in 1/12. The two Revell product managers said last year in a podcast that they didn't see any future in 1/12 and would not be pursuing it.

Sounds like good marketing.......IF you know something.