Model Cars Magazine Forum

SN95 build thread (in conjunction with the FOX thread)

whale392

Thanks for the encouraging words,my friend.

About 5 or so hours after you were posting that,I was smacking a fallen tree hanging about forhead level (wasn't there last ride I had there...but that was 4-5 months ago when I lived that way before the fire),doing about 22 MPH. Saw it just in time to look down (no time to duck),saving face (literally,LOL). Split my helmet (I wanted a new one anyways :P ),but I didn't wreck. I was riding alone,BTW. Dazed n disoriented,but knowing I wasn't right,I pedaled back the way I came (about 6 miles,way closer than going on around),and had 2 minor mishaps I wouldn't have had I not been dazed,lost a bit of shin skin (I remember that one),and have a puncture about dime sized,along with moderately severe trail rash (think,road rash but with dirt imbedded instead of gravel from pavement) and deep bruising in the left rear thigh (thankfully,have no memory of that one,hahaha!).

Drove to the ER (where thankfully,they're familiar with my spinal injuries,having been my local doctor's office in that hospital),had an xray confirmed mild concussion,as well as knocked my cervical spinal area (my problem area anyways,why I'm "disabled") out of whack. They spent the next few hours slowly manipulating the cervicals back into (my normal) alignment (which is screwed anyways where I broke the neck a decade ago). I'm doing OK today,a bit stiff and sitting is still tender,but boy howdy am I milking it for all it's worth :blink::P:lol:

No worries...this by FAR ain't the first time I's been slammed when doing something I love outdoors,LOL,and I'm used to a bit of constant pain in the neck area anyways,so it's all good,so long as the wife doesn't think about what coulda been with my old injuries.

In my absense from the bench though,it's been converted to a junk table :wacko::angry: ,I'm going to have to clean it off. I did get another shipment in from eBay today though (last one for a while),including a sealed NIB MPC '79 Pace Car kit :D

OK,sorry,rambling a bit. I almost never take my (prescribed) pain meds,but been "on schedule" with them since Sunday when I got home,makes me blabberfinger a bit :rolleyes:

Sounds like you got pretty well blasted! At least it wasn't any worse than what you got, as a broken neck could have left you sipping meals through a straw the rest of your life (especially considering your prior injury to that area). No worries; my work benches (read: any flat surface in the house the cats haven't already claimed as theirs) are covered with half-started projects and the scrap of kitbashing/scratchbuilding.

I even have a few SN95s I need to get completed............maybe I need to just sit one day and finish them up!

• 2 weeks later...

No work done on em since last update. My ability to ride bikes comes in spells,so since I'm enjoying a good spell lately (despite that tree trying to behead me,LOL),been doing more pedalling than anything,LOL! It can't last much longer though (it never does),I'll get back on these soon. Until then however,more of this...

http://disabledcycli...er-262011-ride/ B)

Just thought id add in my 1997 AMT SVT Cobra Mustang kit. I love late model mustangs 1st and foremost, but i bought a 1:1 real 1998 Cobra Mustang Coupe and knew there was a 1:24/25 kit out there. So i found it on ebay and made a replica of the car i just bought. What do ya think?

pics of the replica 1st

98mustangmodel001-th.jpg98mustangmodel005-th.jpg98mustangmodel004-th.jpg98mustangmodel003-th.jpg98mustangmodel002-th.jpg

then pics of my real car

resized1-th.jpgresized2-th.jpg

Looks good Ryan, both the real Cobra and the scale rendition!

I am going through a 1996 4.6L DOHC motor myself, twin-turboing it, 5.0L stroking it, and sticking it down into my 1991GT. This is a long-term project, but all the big pieces are in my garage!

Welcome to the Forum and the SN95 build thread!

that sounds awesome, i had to sell my real car to pay bills off... yuk. so i bought a 1967 mustang high option car recently and am gonna make a long tem project outta that, most likely an Eleanor replica, and i already have a scale productions 67 eleanor trankskit to do a 1:1 1:24/25 set of those too.

• 3 weeks later...

Has ANYone built,or make parts to convert a Revell '99 Cbra into one of these ('04 MACH I)?

IMG_3587.jpg

Or even one of these ('01 Bullitt in black,one of two optional colors that year)?

IMG_3588.jpg

I'm going to begin looking for a clean '01 Bullitt,'03-'04 MACH (in the Grabber Blue or Orange-renamed-colors),or an '08 Bullitt in the Spring of '13...I doubt I'll trade my '94 in,just keep it for daily driving.

Anyways,wht would be involved in replicating something like these from that kit?

The Bullitt would require converting the 1999 Cobra lower front bumper back to a GT Bumper (might be able to use the earlier 94-95 with some slight mods grafted to the 99 upper) and a hood scoop modified from one of the 87-89GT Mustangs from AMT/MPC and sit on the modified Cobra hood. Wheels could be either the 2008 Bullitts with a slight lip added or a set of aftermarket Torques.

As to the Mach 1, well.............I am still working on a parts list/fit for that!

The Bullitt would require converting the 1999 Cobra lower front bumper back to a GT Bumper (might be able to use the earlier 94-95 with some slight mods grafted to the 99 upper) and a hood scoop modified from one of the 87-89GT Mustangs from AMT/MPC and sit on the modified Cobra hood. Wheels could be either the 2008 Bullitts with a slight lip added or a set of aftermarket Torques.

As to the Mach 1, well.............I am still working on a parts list/fit for that!

Yep...above my paygrade just a bit,at least until I gt back into it...one does loose a bit when off the bench a year or more,LOL! Sounds doale though,and I have most of the parts. Thanks :)

I'd LOVE to see those Mach I wheels in scale. :rolleyes:

Me too! I wouldn't mind seeing them on my '94 in 1:1 too,LOL! :D:P

I will,but it will be a while. Have to set back fr what we wantto gift for Christmas,and am otherwise tapped out (unless someone buys a mtn bike I'm still only thinking f selling,LOL!). Thanks for letting me know (and letting me throw the "he sent me" in there),I'll definately want a set when caught up :D

• 1 month later...

wale392 any update on olskoolrodders question about converting 99cobra into 03,04 MACH1? I love the mach1s and have 1/1 70 & 73 .Would have to win lottery to purchase a 1/1 03 mach1 to add to my collection. I guess I'll have to settle for the 1/25 verstion for now.

• 1 month later...

I've been working on the Mustang Mach III for a little while and thought since it is a direct decedent to this group of Mustangs I'd post some of the build here.

So here is my fat bottom girl the Mustang Mach III

There she sits with two cotes of color

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

Interior shots

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

You can find the full story and build here

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53174

Thanks for looking

Fitting the interior tub into the body

IMG_1096.jpg

I don't have any photos to show this next issue but after fitting the tub in place which fit nicely in the cockpit area I found that the engine compartment walls didn't match up with the body. There was almost a 3/16 inch gap. Using some clamps, a soft rag to protect the finish and some CA glue I forced the kit to see things my way

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

I rarely win any arguments with my models but I won this one.

IMG_1099.jpg

Time to mount the body and interior on the chassis.

IMG_1099.jpg

Well things are back to normal. I lost the battle with this one but not the war. The cost was that the front suspension fell off the car.

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

As I tried to remount the front suspension another issue arose that I wasn't suspecting. For some unknown reason the front of the car was riding high. Sorry no pics

After lots and lots of fiddling it appeared that the springs and shocks were topping out in the wheel wells so I chopped them down a bit and remounted the front suspension. It helped a little but not as much as I hoped

IMG_1103.jpg

The only other thing I could come up with to lower the front was to start shaving the frame where the cross member meets the frame. I also ended up grinding down the frame. the amount of plastic removed does not accurately reflect the height the car was lowered but it is a bit better.

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

Thanks for looking