Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Enthusiast kit community build

timc

I have tried repeatedly to put the photos here. every time I get the image bow and add the link it freezes and I have to refresh the page.When I try to cancel the box I get a message that some properties of the website have changed,I still have to refresh the page. I'm starting to feel like what's the use of even being here.

I've had the same issues on Internet Explorer/ Windows 7, I've started using Google Chrome, and it works fine.

The only reason I even still use Internet Explorer, is because my bookmarks. There's a way to import them, but IDK what I'm doing.

Edited by Zarana-X

I've had the same issues on Windows 7, I've started using Google Chrome, and it works fine.

Like Jason said Tim, Google Chrome. Chrome seems to be the key for these issues. Ever since I went to Chrome, no more problems!

Ok I decided to do the Ferrari Daytona 365 kit. Not sure why the picture looks so bad.attachicon.gif20141228_173819.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your progress on that beautiful Daytona Bob!

They're Fujimi kits with a much higher parts count and usually opening doors and such. The Countach I have has engine plumbing/wiring, real springs for the coil overs, and the option for the headlights to be up.

And yes, it will be displayed with the doors up!

They're Fujimi kits with a much higher parts count and usually opening doors and such. The Countach I have has engine plumbing/wiring, real springs for the coil overs, and the option for the headlights to be up.

And yes, it will be displayed with the doors up!

Darn, you are right, much more detailed kits that I have

Im a little late to the party but I will join. This on the workbench right now.

20150112_171748-L.jpg

I have not done much at all besides look over the kit and its instructions.

IMG_20150108_221942-L.jpg

I am a little surprised at how off the kit wheels are. One terrible thing people are doing to get these cars lowered is giving them a horrible stance. I want a stock oem stance, but a low ride height. The wheels in the kit which are supposed to be scaled at 15x6.5 actually scale to 17x10.5 if I am doing the math right. That will be what I work the most at trying to correct.

Edited by Project510

Scott, I have the F40 as well and it looks like it will be an amazing kit! I'm excited to see your progress. I hunted down the Countach to be my practice run for the F40.

Hey Ryan,

It does look like a great kit and such a cool car, especially when you tell me the detail level is upped of these versions.

I have quite a list of stuff ahead of that build so not sure when it will get going...almost hate to say what I plan to do out loud so I don't get anyone's hopes up.

I will follow along on your Lambo build, made a Tamiya version of that car long ago and far away in my early teens

Cheers man, Scott

• 2 weeks later...

My kit came Monday

IMG_0175.thumb.JPG.01601b2f5cade669efb4fIMG_0176.thumb.JPG.2bfda2254596d4e20bab8IMG_0156.thumb.JPG.c02228790c8323bbbbd19

This is what I have been planning to make,perfect for a build thread on Fujimi's

IMG_0215.jpg

It is the Gas Monkey F40....not really a huge fan of the drama queen show, but the car and the mechanic guy are cool

So now it is trying to find time. I have to finish my MG build first:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=96619&hl=

and have a May 4th Star Wars Tie Fighter group build on another site to do. Oh and work, kids and dog to look after....

Wife wants to knock the house down and build another, so that might put a monkey wrench into all my plans!

Keep posting your stuff up guys!!

had to edit the pics as I messed with them on photo bucket, sorry

Edited by Twokidsnosleep
Photobucket sucks!!!

I'm glad they had the balls to customize the F40. I love the car and understand it's history, but if I spent a million plus on a car I'd throw a couple hundred thousand more at it so it's not the same as everyone else's red F40. I think it's the equivalent of a woman showing up to a party in an elegant dress to find another woman there wearing the same dress. And I could probably get both their numbers if I pulled up in that car.