Model Cars Magazine Forum

So A CJ5 Jeep Is Now A Truck?

Guest Johnny

I think not and would appreciate if my parts request be returned to the parts wanted at the top!

This has gone to someones head here and it has to end somewhere!!!

Depends, one of the four Cherokee's we had was registered as a "Carry All" (what that is supposed to me, I think mine is a "Station Wagon :rolleyes: ) here in Illinois, but using what they're registered as would also make Suburbans, Excursions, Blazers, Broncos, ect cars as well ;)

Well yeah they're trucks as long as you can haul a refrigerator or a washer and dryer in them along with a queen size bed also. Or maybe a furnace, coil and condensing unit with the 8 foot long ductwork and fittings to go along with it. Or maybe 10 sheets of 1/2" drywall, 6 sheets of plywood and a couple dozen 2 x 4's. Of course it's a truck.

Depends, one of the four Cherokee's we had was registered as a "Carry All" (what that is supposed to me, I think mine is a "Station Wagon :rolleyes: ) here in Illinois, but using what they're registered as would also make Suburbans, Excursions, Blazers, Broncos, ect cars as well ;)

My 96 Suburban, both 93 Grand Cherokee's, AND my 1942 Ford GPW (the original "Jeep")are all registered as CARS.

Edited by Sam I Am

What does it matter as long as you get your parts? :rolleyes: Besides, how many cars come from the factory with four wheel drive, solid axles front and rear and considered an off road vehicle? And finally, how many people ask for a half cab and a snow plow for a car?

Since when do model cars (or trucks) have to be registered with any state? :rolleyes:

So ~ what difference does it make? MCM Forum owner/administrators/moderators define what a car is and what a truck is ... not the state MVD (or DMV, or whatever they call 'em in Canada or any other country). :huh:

Just sayin' ... go along, get along ... get along, go along.

B)