Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Chevy Truck up date 2/25

Guest JamesDE

Man this is way cool!!! I have been drooling over the magazine rendering for a month now, and you started the actual build.... Im glad someone did... Nice work!

• 1 month later...

Been awhile since I had an update. So I did a little work to the truck managed to do the tail lights and work on the grille.

Tail lights

IMG_0582-vi.jpgIMG_0583-vi.jpg

I made 2 diferent grilles which looks better. the first one is similar to the drawing I still have to put mesh behind everything.

IMG_0585-vi.jpgIMG_0586-vi.jpg

The second one is a modified elcamino unit. I will have to fix the grille opening to accept this grille.

IMG_0587-vi.jpgIMG_0588-vi.jpg

Alright guys, thanks for the kind words. Worked on the rear grille area again. Took an old license plate out of the parts box added plastic to all sides did alittle shaping added the "wings" to both sides. Once I put the wings on I put a piece of plastic to the back of the it to make it stronger, the wings are very weak without the back support. Hope you like it.

IMG_0589-vi.jpgIMG_0590-vi.jpg

IMG_0591-vi.jpg

Update. Did not like anything about this model everything was going terribly wrong, so I ended its short life by putting it on the floor and stomping on it. Just kidding,LOL. I did not like any of the previous front grilles I made so I started on a new one. Took plastic tubing and flat stock and made a grille that is a little more like the original drawing, it is not exactly like the drawing but a liitle tweeking here and there and it will do. all pieces will be sanded smooth and the I will use alcad chrome to finish it, this will be the first time I used this chrome so wish me luck. Here are the pictures and thanks for looking.

IMG_0601-vi.jpgIMG_0603-vi.jpg

This is what it looks loike in the truck.

IMG_0604-vi.jpgIMG_0605-vi.jpg