Model Cars Magazine Forum

'06 Mustang

Harold

Here's my Revell Mustang that I finished earlier this year. It would have been finished sooner, but I cracked the windshield and had to buy another kit. This was actually a blessing in disguise, as the extra decal sheet allowed me to add stripes to the lower chin, rear spoiler and the shadow box for the license plate. The color is Dupli-Color metallic blue, and the interior color is a mix of complements- dark blue and orange (both Polly-S acrylics-my choice for brush painting). Aside from the flocking and the aforementioned decals, it's box stock.

IMG_3051-1.jpg

Actually, the way the windshield broke was this- I was sitting on the floor leaning against the couch, and watching the tube while I was foiling the dash. I got up to get something out of the fridge, and when I sat back down (I have a bad leg, so my balance is somewhat screwy), I sort of fell and lande on the box. Ooops! Anyway, last night I was trying to figure out what to do with the extra 'Stang, and in a matter of a couple hours, the chassis is now ready to go under Revell's '02 T-Bird (since they both use the Lincoln LS platform). I found some good picks of the rear IRS out of the car, so now I have yet another project going.