Model Cars Magazine Forum

Not my haul, but we saw this on the highway last year sometime. Why buy a trailer for you little pony, when a pickup bed will do! Pretty funny to see.

P1100645.jpg

This the real reason why step side trucks had wooden beds for so long. Hauling livestock requires a wooden floor so that they can stand up . The wood gives them traction while they slip on the steel.

Andy around me there's a river where they have them (not sure if there kayak or canoe they hold a few people and are really slender .) races . I've seen them hauled on the roofs of Honda civics to Beatles not sure how that one work. Lol also in the mountains near me we have a lot of wind so gliders are popular in the sumer time,I get to see all kinds of small cars pull them.

Edited by hotrod59f100

Ok guys what is the craziest thing you hauled with your vehicle car wagon suv or pick up truck. time to show the crazier side of you.

This was my dad back in the early 90s when his work van died he hauled a 40 ft ladder on the roof of his 86 turismo. 198e00c0.jpg

I had the almost same car, Dodge Charger. All my DJ gear fit inside it.

Not my haul, but we saw this on the highway last year sometime. Why buy a trailer for you little pony, when a pickup bed will do! Pretty funny to see.

Family legend has it that one of my uncles once hauled a pony from Atlanta, GA to Louisville, KY in the rear seat of a convertible in the '50s or '60s. No pictures or confirmation, but it's a good story.

Never hauled anything unusual or freaky in/on a MOTORized vehicle I owned...but on my cargo bicycle I've hauled everything from 2 weeks worth of groceries toother bicycles,to a cute young lady i need of a ride (relax,she's 9 and my neighbor's kid,took her to the Girl's Club one day when they asked if I could,LOL! :P )...last weekend,I hauled all the camping gear I'd need an rode down a rail trail for 5+ hours and camped out,rode back the next day,does that count?

001.jpg

003.jpg

002-1.jpg

009.jpg

No pix, but I once hauled a small-block Chevy to the machine shop in the trunk of a client's Jag XJ-12.

I did much the same thing back in the early 1980's. I bought a rebuilt Corvair engine cheap from a guy who was leaving the hobby to get into Corvettes, and we picked the thing up without the aid of a lift or engine hoist and put it in the trunk of my 1976 Buick LeSabre. When I got home, I enlisted the aid of a neighbor to take it back out again. The thing was not light at about 300 lbs, but we were all pretty big guys so we didn't really have any trouble with it. In and of itself it wasn't really a problem and besides, that engine was already used to riding in the back!

On a side note, when I used to display my '66 Corvair Monza ( the car was NOT "show quality"), I'd have the trunk open. When some youngster would ask where the engine was, I'd feign shock and exclaim, "I wonder where it went"? Then I'd take them around back, lift the engine lid, and say "It's a good thing I always carry a spare one in the trunk"! :lol: