Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Chevy Truck up date 2/25

ok did some work to the intake manifold and carbs. Added more tubing to the cross ram to make it higher (bottom of carbs where hitting valve covers). Added some details to carbs such as gas inlets and vacuum ports.Also modified the brass tubed intake with a different mounting flanges for the carbs. Now which intake do I use? Decisions, Decisions.

IMG_0714-vi.jpgIMG_0713-vi.jpg

I like them both, but I think, I agree with Mike. That one just looks better. And project is very interesting, keep it going. I want to see this one finished. Your talents are awesome, all of the modifications, and scratch made parts just look very cool! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well I dont have alot to update. I been working on the 68 Banshee and the mid engine corvette, but now they are complete time to get back to this build. Was looking at the body today and I see that the body has warped, when it is on the frame and on all fours you can not tell it, but sitting the body down on its own, man it looks bad. Dont know whether to fix it or just make the best of it. What do you think.

IMG_0884-vi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...