Model Cars Magazine Forum

KW Aerodyne Big Boy "Striping Added"

I got even more done, today.....Added the striping....Got it from two, Italeri LA Fire Dept. kits cut up here and there.....Broke up the orange quite well....

And thank you guys for your encouraging comments and continued interest in this project....God bless you all... :D:D:D

032a_zps9856fb13.jpg

029a_zps877e98d9.jpg

025a_zps7a5d799a.jpg

023a_zps51be9d10.jpg

021a_zps1b3a78db.jpg

010a_zpsb2fdd35e.jpg

I also added some side skirting for appeal....And now, it's on to the interior work....And I do mean work.....

And a little side by side comparison to my other KW....I also connected it up to one of my cattle cars just to see what it might look like....

036a_zpsf28af54a.jpg

038a_zps6a6337b8.jpg

043a_zpsacde7a43.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

Really looks good, those decals are great.

Question though, when someone puts a big condo sleeper on a COE, is there usually access to it from the cab/sleeper? Or do they just simply have a side door? I saw an old photo a while back with one that you can reach from the cab, just wondering how rare that was.

Guest Johnny

I have seen one that was like that back some years ago, in the mid 80's guess it was.

He had an inflatable seal that went around the opening between the cab and condo. He also thad a window in each unit. The one in the cab wall actually was a roll down moved from his old W-925 tractor and the one in the condo swung up, almost as if they had mounted an aftermarket sunroof in the wall.

....I also connected it up to one of my cattle cars just to see what it might look like....

036a_zpsf28af54a.jpg

Did I start something a couple years back with custom sleepers and bullracks!?!?!?! Nice job on both JT, I just wish I could finish my big Ford someday and we can go get some hamburgers!! :lol:

Big rigs with big sleepers are my M-O....I like 'em....But I'd like to see some of your work, Matthew....I'll check the old threads....

Here, I'll save you some digging, since this has been long dead on the back burner. She got put in storage due to some issues in Dec 2011 and me having to go back to driving this:

HPIM4082.jpg

I was hoping that I could get back to a "normal" life by now, but it looks like I'm going to be getting back in the truck again instead. I just can't get the real one's out of my life!! :unsure:

Anyway, here is the link to the build:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28849&hl=

And the pic of the real one is going to be modified and the pic will have the (hopefully someday!) completed truck in place of the ugly blue one! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...