Model Cars Magazine Forum

A few pictures of my planes

Yes, I know Harry... Dusting isn't my strong point. I try to dust my builds, but I usually don't make it to the shelves. Some of these pics are pretty old to, sO I probably dusted them once since then...

Yes terry, it's the tamiya kit. I custom mixed the yellow to match the pics of the real jet better and used TwoBobs decals and Edaurd PE for the IP. The kit doesn't have any gauge detail, which I found pretty disappointing considering the high level of detail everywhere else on it.

GREAT lookin aircraft there, Colin. I used to build 48th scale(still do, occasionally) But now, I have moved up to 24th scale aircraft. They are kinda hard to find, but Squadron Shop seems to get the newest ones out. I FINALLY got the Airfix 24th scale Dehavilland Mosquito, and I'm waiting now on the P-47 Thunderbolt by Vintage Aircraft Models. i FINALLY got the Combat Models F-4 Phantom, and man, that thing is huge! I thought the Airfix AV-8B Harrier was big, but this Phantom is ALOT bigger!!!! :D:P;)

Actually Colin, it comes with a short nose or a long nose, and i believe I can build a few variants of it. It comes with the fairings for the mini gun equipped F-4's s, an it does come with missles and a cast metal landing gear set up. It's vacu-formed so a little knowledge of building these types of kits would be helpful. I've never done one QUITE this big, but hey, If ya want it, yer gonna hafta BUILD that rascal! So, that's wat Im gonna do! :lol::D;)

Sure is,Terry! and yeah, Colin, it'sa big ol sucker! But like I said, it's the ONLY model of an F-4 in 24th scale that I've EVER heard of! I first heard of it about 10 years ago, but when I tried to order it then, the gentleman who makes them, told me he had stopped as his molds were worn out, and he stopped offering it. About 3 months ago, i tried him again, an Viola! he had them back in stock. I only paid 90 bucks for it WITH shipping, and shipping came to 17 dollars alone! This is gonna be a good'n!!! But like I said, if ya want one, yer gonna hafta build that rascal, so, I am!

Edited by george 53