Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth K-100 Aerodyne

Great job on the fuel tanks! Did the tank straps come with the kit or did you make the straps? If you made them please let me know how and what you used for material. Thanks and keep us posted!

Bruce in Fargo

Thank you guys, i really appreciate your comments ;)

Bruce: straps are made by me from 2 different types of self adhesive folias. The matt black one is a bit thinner, then aluminium on top. Adding a pic of the materials.

Pali

post-1966-1191262710_thumb.jpg

Hello everybody,

This is my first topic. I'm working on a K-100 right now, and looking for members whom are already build this truck, building it now or planning to make it. I'd be pleased for every advice, suggestion or comments on my work. Thanks in advance.

Pali

Sevas PAli

Welcome to the board. As you can guess, I too am Hungarian....

Zoli

Nice work! Like the K.F.S. stacks! On the one I just finished, I used a resin Neway air ride rear suspension and a resin Marmon cab. Your frame is past the point where I deviated from the kit, so I can't make any comments on the kit from this point out. But other than the B.J. and the Bear kit, I think this kit wasn't re-issued? So the parts shouldn't suffer from poor fit caused by worn out molds. Fuel tanks were a lot of work though!

Here is a picture of my frame. Glad to have you aboard, keep up the excellent work!

100_3279.jpg

Edited by sourkraut

Nice work! Like the K.F.S. stacks! On the one I just finished, I used a resin Neway air ride rear suspension and a resin Marmon cab. Your frame is past the point where I deviated from the kit, so I can't make any comments on the kit from this point out. But other than the B.J. and the Bear kit, I think this kit wasn't re-issued? So the parts shouldn't suffer from poor fit caused by worn out molds. Fuel tanks were a lot of work though!

Here is a picture of my frame. Glad to have you aboard, keep up the excellent work!

100_3279.jpg

Thanks for your comment, i really appreciate it, i like your frame. I don't think this kit was re-issued, but im not sure. Looking forward the new pics of your work.

Pali