Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Fast Times At Ridgemont High" 79 Camaro Z-28

Car Crazy 81

Models2008-1-1.jpg

I Been Wanting To Build This Car For A Long Time The Camaro From The Movie "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" Its Gonna Be Awhile Before I Start On This One I Have To Finish Off My Other Projects I Figure I Unveil This One.

928.jpg

This Pic Shown From The Movie Thats What Im Going For But First I Have To Find Out Whats The Actual Color On That Camaro I'll Keep Ya'll Posted On This Build.

Edited by LSU Fan 1981

This is a project i have wanted to do for a while also....probably never get around to it though...Where did you get those wheels?

Here's your paint info

GM code 15

PPG code 3076

Silver poly

I get all my factory paint info from here

http://www.tcpglobal.com/AutoColorLibrary/

Hope this helps.

The Wheels Came From A Monogram 65 Corvette "Black Rat" Kit

a couple items to address when you build it to get a good factory stock build.

1. front and rear window trim is semi gloss black

2. door handles are chrome, with body color in center recess of handle

3. headlamp bezels, turn signal bezels and grilles all semi gloss black

4. there is a body line on the lower sides of the fender/door and quarters.

car should be flat black below this line no matter what color its painted.

5. there should be no seam in the front spoiler where the bumper joins.

5. the turbine wheels in the movie pic are stock wheels. center between spokes are painted stripe color.

I have owned 4 1:1 '79 Z28's.

• 2 weeks later...
Dude... are You Stoned???

No it was a pretty Lady..

Dude... are you stoned??? If you think Sean Penn is/was a pretty lady then if we ever meet you gotta stay at least an arms length away from me! As I remember the movie after the wreck Jeff Spicoli said "I can fix it, man. My dad has an awesome set of tools... He's a tv repairman". Maybe I was stoned, It's not out of the question! :rolleyes:

Edited by John E. Bowers Jr.

Dude... are you stoned??? If you think Sean Penn is/was a pretty lady then if we ever meet you gotta stay at least an arms length away from me! we As I remember the movie after the wreck Jeff Spicoli said "I can fix it, man. My dad has an awesome set of tools... He's a tv repairman". Maybe I [/b]was stoned, It's not out of the question! :rolleyes:

Well Gee I just re-watched the Movie.. and I am at a Miss In My memories recollection of the Movie... The Lady I was referring to drove the Vette.. It had been a Long time since I saw that Movie so I Made a Mistake.. NOw get off My Back.. geez.. we all Make Mistakes and then for someone to throw the Gauntlet down and make judgment about One without even Knowing who there are.

Too Many Phobics here.

Well Gee I just re-watched the Movie.. and I am at a Miss In My memories recollection of the Movie... The Lady I was referring to drove the Vette.. It had been a Long time since I saw that Movie so I Made a Mistake.. NOw get off My Back.. geez.. we all Make Mistakes and then for someone to throw the Gauntlet down and make judgment about One without even Knowing who there are.

Too Many Phobics here.

If i remember correctly the pretty lady driving the vette was 'nancy wilson 'of the band' heart ',probably got the part as she is married to cameron crowe who wrote the story.

If i remember correctly the pretty lady driving the vette was 'nancy wilson 'of the band' heart ',probably got the part as she is married to cameron crowe who wrote the story.

Correct a Mundo..

No prize.. Just a Great Trivia question..

I had No Idea she was Married to Crowe.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_1040.jpg

I Just Painted The Camaro Yesterday It Was A Nice Day So I Figured I Paint It I Just Put The Final Coat Of Paint This Morning. The Paint Is Dupli-Color Silver Metallic Its Not The Silver Poly But Its Close. I'll Try To Have The Interior Painted Today Im Still Figuring Out What Color The Interior Is. My Guess Was Light Gray Or Oyster Gray.

• 1 month later...

24y2udf.jpg

here ya go more accurate plates for the car. just save em reduce em and print them out, then just lay a piece of scotch tape over them and trim off the extra tape for that shiny metal plate look. and to mount them use that non tacky stuff that people use to put posters on the walls without tacks. that is how i mount my plates that I make to my cars.

Dave, what program do you use to reduce them,and to what size do you reduce them too..

I use this I have used it for years great for making images smaller or bigger, cropping images, flipping them arround and rotating them. i swear by irfanview*, as for the size its trial and error each printer make/model is different. try different sizes and when you find one that works the best just remember or write down those settings :angry:.

*Dave McFly is not a paid endorsor of this product

Edited by Dave McFly