Model Cars Magazine Forum

lets see some motor

Car Man

Bill.... All of Dave's engines are 1/8th scale. He does some killer scratch building. I hope one day I get to see his work in person, it is jut beautiful.

I didn't see Dave's post before I posted.

Edited by Mooneyzs

many thanks guys. certainly appreciate it.

you know you guys are supposed to be posting some of your engines. i know i've seen quite a few killer units built here......so let's see 'em.

jeremy's not the only guy who wants to see them.

OK, so not quite the same caliber as the other engines posted, but these two are on my workbench now. Both are Revell 1/25 hemis. One is in the Johan Mickey Thompson Pinto - it ran with a Chrysler engine its second year, and the other is going in a stretched Johan chassis that will go under a Revell Charger body. I am in the midst of replicating Phil Castronovo's 1971 NHRA World Final winning car.

Engine1-vi.jpg

Engine2-vi.jpg

Engine2-vi.jpg

The second engine will go in the replica I am building of this....

CustomBodyPostcardjpg-vi.jpg

Chris

Very cool, Chris! Are the decals for the Castronovo Charger available, or are you going to make them yourself? That's one I've always wanted to do too. In the meantime, this is the engine I'm doing for my 1/16th Radici & Wise Vega.

image_zps0b16609a.jpg

image_zps5816c76a.jpg

Are the decals for the Castronovo Charger available, or are you going to make them yourself? image_zps0b16609a.jpg

image_zps5816c76a.jpg

The decals are not available, but I have the artwork done. It looks like someone is going to produce them. I can let you know about that - give me about two more weeks.

Looking forward to seeing your R&W engine when I get hom - photos are blocke at work for some reason.