Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I just bought a Monogram 1/32 Malibu. I have never been a huge fan of these smaller scale kits, but this G-Body Malibu was a must have. I'd like to build it factory stock, like it was sold in Finland as new in 1979. But since the kit doesn't have stock wheels and tires I guess I'll have to make it a regular daily driver then and not a showroom stock car.

DSCN7753_zps3y1yl82u.jpg

After a frustrating day at the dealership with my 1:1, I stopped by a big box store (initals HL), and picked up 3  AMT Lil' Hot Dogger kits, 2 Piranha Spy Car kits, a "23" T Delivery Wagon and 3 sets of AMT Custom Slicks from the clearance aisle for a mere $70 USD. Now to find time to do something with it all.

For what ever I want, Ray.  I replace a 5 x 8 trailer I had.  I carry all kinds of stuff for my Vietnam Veterans Gathering when we bring in The Wall and all kinds of other stuff for FAST when we do a display or contest.

I'm going over to Tractor Supply tomorrow and buy some D rings for the floor and walls and I'm going to install some self stick floor tiles - but NOT the black & white ones like everybody and their mother puts in.

Edited by crazyjim

For what ever I want, Ray.  I replace a 5 x 8 trailer I had.  I carry all kinds of stuff for my Vietnam Veterans Gathering when we bring in The Wall and all kinds of other stuff for FAST when we do a display or contest.

I'm going over to Tractor Supply tomorrow and buy some D rings for the floor and walls and I'm going to install some self stick floor tiles - but NOT the black & white ones like everybody and their mother puts in.

Jim this is the same trailer my brother  just picked  up this summer. We just painted the whole inside with white paint. Several coats but he had the grit put in the paint for the floor and the ramp. Works good for our camping gear that we take for the family camp out. We have two 10 by 20 dinning fly's a few cook stoves and pots and pans. The best part is we/I do not have to unload it every year when I get home. My brother put a little strip led light in it that runs on a 9 volt battery. Lights up the whole trailer at night, I am sure the white paint helps.  

I just bought a Monogram 1/32 Malibu. I have never been a huge fan of these smaller scale kits, but this G-Body Malibu was a must have. I'd like to build it factory stock, like it was sold in Finland as new in 1979. But since the kit doesn't have stock wheels and tires I guess I'll have to make it a regular daily driver then and not a showroom stock car.

DSCN7753_zps3y1yl82u.jpg

Those are actually the factory-optional Rally wheels; just paint the centers to match the body and paint chrome on the trim rings, the centers and around the slots, and you're good to go!

Chevrolet-1979-Malibu.jpg

Those are actually the factory-optional Rally wheels; just paint the centers to match the body and paint chrome on the trim rings, the centers and around the slots, and you're good to go!

Chevrolet-1979-Malibu.jpg

Well after opening the box I noticed the same thing...Excellent! They just don't have any center knobs so I'll have to fabricate them myself and sand those raised letters away from the tires.B)

67 Grand Prix built Modelhaus kit,has a cracked windshield frame and a little crude so i`m going to restore it. It was a little over $50 so

it was worth it. Always thought these are much better looking then the  67 Bonneville,but not over $200 good looking wich the last kit

went for on feebay.

Jim this is the same trailer my brother  just picked  up this summer. We just painted the whole inside with white paint. Several coats but he had the grit put in the paint for the floor and the ramp. Works good for our camping gear that we take for the family camp out. We have two 10 by 20 dinning fly's a few cook stoves and pots and pans. The best part is we/I do not have to unload it every year when I get home. My brother put a little strip led light in it that runs on a 9 volt battery. Lights up the whole trailer at night, I am sure the white paint helps.  

I was going to leave the walls bare wood so that anything put against wouldn't pull off the paint. 

3.jpg

4.jpg

67 Grand Prix built Modelhaus kit,has a cracked windshield frame and a little crude so i`m going to restore it. It was a little over $50 so

it was worth it. Always thought these are much better looking then the  67 Bonneville,but not over $200 good looking wich the last kit

went for on feebay.

Back in May, before they shutdown I ordered the exact same kit of Modelhaus. I'm looking forward to getting it. Your right about the '67 Grand Prix looking better than the Bonne. By far the '67 Grand Prix convertible is my all time favorite Pontiac. Thought #2 are the other big '67 Pontiacs. In order of how I like them: #1 the Grand Prix (or coarse); followed by the Catalina with the 2+2 package; then Bonneville, Ventura, Executive, and the other Catalinas. I love mainly the front end on those cars. The stack headlights on the big Pontiacs are cool. But, Grand Prix's hidden headlights and slotted front turn signals are cooler yet.

For those who don't know, 1967 was the only year Pontiac offered a Grand Prix convertible. Another cool tidbit. If you like the looks of the '67 Grand Prix's front end, but wanted something other than Grand Prix's two-door hardtop or convertible, you could go to Canada and buy a '67 Pontiac Grand Parisienne with the same front end. Along with the two-door hardtop, you could also get the Grand Parisienne in a four-door hardtop and station wagon. All riding on a Chevrolet chassis. Powered by Chevrolet engines. Even the interior was basically Chevrolet Caprice other than the Pontiac dashboard. How cool is that? I'd love to own a '67 Grand Parisienne station wagon. Can you imagine the conversations that would stir up down here in the United States?

For those who don't know, 1967 was the only year Pontiac offered a Grand Prix convertible. Another cool tidbit. If you like the looks of the '67 Grand Prix's front end, but wanted something other than Grand Prix's two-door hardtop or convertible, you could go to Canada and buy a '67 Pontiac Grand Parisienne with the same front end. Along with the two-door hardtop, you could also get the Grand Parisienne in a four-door hardtop and station wagon. All riding on a Chevrolet chassis. Powered by Chevrolet engines. Even the interior was basically Chevrolet Caprice other than the Pontiac dashboard. How cool is that? I'd love to own a '67 Grand Parisienne station wagon. Can you imagine the conversations that would stir up down here in the United States?

Was not aware of the Canadian versions,this is very cool. The station wagon would be awsome to have. 

Thanks for sharing the info.

Was not aware of the Canadian versions,this is very cool. The station wagon would be awsome to have. 

Thanks for sharing the info.

I've long thought about doing a Canadian early 60s "Plodge".

The Canadian combinations of some of the Dodge & Plymouth "hybrids" from that era were quite interesting.

The 1961 Dodge Super D 500 was a Dodge body with a Plymouth front clip & interior.

Very cool! ^_^

Steve

Garlick2.jpg1961+DODGE+Super+D+500+-+Rear+Left+View.

I've long thought about doing a Canadian early 60s "Plodge".

The Canadian combinations of some of the Dodge & Plymouth "hybrids" from that era were quite interesting.

The 1961 Dodge Super D 500 was a Dodge body with a Plymouth front clip & interior.

Very cool! ^_^

Steve

Garlick2.jpg1961+DODGE+Super+D+500+-+Rear+Left+View.

would be a pretty expensive project to tackle.

But i like your thinking

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...