Model Cars Magazine Forum

model clubs in michigan ?

• 3 weeks later...

James-the biggest is the Downriver Model Car Club.We meet in Dearborn at the Dearborn Ice Skating Center on the 3rd Friday of every month.Or closer by is the United Detroit Model Car Club which meets at the Hazel Park Library on 9 Mile by I-75 usually on the 2nd Monday of the month(though this can change because of room availability).There are couple of other clubs.Membership in the Detroit Area Auto Modelers is solely by invitation,and you'll need to be brought to the Eastside Modelers meetings and introduced.

Tony Buglione

• 3 weeks later...

The Detroit Area Auto Modelers (the DAAM club) is having it's bi-annual show and swap meet at Macomb College on 4-29 (it's a Sunday) from 9am til 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Lots of cars in the contest and lots of vendors.

I'm a member of DAAM and have been a member of the Downriver club since '94.

• 2 weeks later...

No,the show is open to the public.There will be plenty of members of all of the clubs in attendance.Some members will have tables,some will enter models in the contest,some will do both.Since I'm in the D.A.A.M. club(and Downriver and Eastside Modelers and United Detroit Model club) I'll be working the show and I'll have a table.My table for this show is expected to be about three tables to the right of the show entrance.I'll try to remember to wear a name badge of some sort.

Moose, we gotta member who comes from Monroe, Tony Iaconnio. Maybe he's close enough to bum a ride from. He also owns a easin casting buisness too, has some of THE nicest diorama accassories you'll EVER see! Come check us out on the THIRD FRIDAY of EVERY MONTH. I can promise you a good time, we LOVE to have visitors and it's even nicer when they join!

Just PM me when you get home, an I'll hook you up with us, if you want. :D;)

We have a club up in Jackson MI too. Just show up on the first saturday of the month and be prepared to b.s about anything! We also have a contest coming up in July. If you want any more info let me know. I'll also be at the toy show this sunday (as a vendor). Look for the guy with Hippie on his shirt.

Brad

DAAM is an INVITE ONLY group, so, you MUST show that you BUILD! Not being a member, but knowing quite a few, it IS a pretty cool club, alot of them also belong to DMCC also. BUT you NEED to show them you DO build. I can't really blame them, it IS their club. If someone wants to join DAAM, I imagine all you'd have to do is ask a present member to "Sponsor" you, then show them your work, and IF they want they'll invite you in. I don't really know. Being in one club is enough for me.DMCC is the one I belong to, and I'm VERY glad of it, My club is GREAT!!!!!!! :D :D :D;)

• 1 month later...

Eric, DMCC just asks that you ENJOY models, you DON'T have to bring one to every meeting! Just show UP brother! Once your there, the guys'll do the rest! were a VERY laid back club, NOBODY forces ANYTHING on you, you join and just blend in . I didn't used to bring stuff in, but now, yeah, I bring models I'm workin on and even do conversins for masters for some well known resin casters, so, if you just show up, you'll be welcomed with open arms! Just show up Bro, that's ALL you gotta do!!!! :D;)