Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sports Car Drag Cars

I built this several years ago. It's a 1987 Ferrari F-40.

It has a twin turboed all aluminun 815 cubic inch dry sump block with aluminum Ford Boss style hemi heads by Kasse.

Nice model Don but quite an imagination! 815 huh? Don't think so. Can't see the turbos but the intercoolers look way too small.That looks like a stock Boss 429. And I can't see Jon's name on the castings... :D

To get to 815, the deck would need to be taller and the bore spacing would have to be over 5".

You pegged the 'Outrageous' meter though just on looks!

Cato, car modelers build for themselves. If Don WANTS it to be an 815 who are WE to argue? WE didn't build it, he did, and if he says it's an 815 I believe him.

Easy George. I did not create an argument. We are all entitled to build as we like and I recognize that.

I pointed-out some inaccuracies in case it might be useful for him in a future build. If he doesn't care-that's fine. He could have in fact used a tall-deck assembly from someone like Ross Gibson for instance, if he chose.

I like to build to 1:1 engineering and practicality-didn't say we all have to.

;)

Cato, Cato, Cato, did Don tell you what cam he was running? Did he tell you all about the extra porting he did on the intake system? Bore ? stroke ? Chill dude. It's a model car. 265,283,327,350, 400, how do you know?

11_engine37.jpg:D

Edited by Greg Myers

The point is, this can go on forever , a 283 with a 4" bore = 301, and let's not forget all the silly little small cube engines GM made later on. So if George says it's a 815, it's an 815, his call. After all modeling is certainly an endeavor of ones imagination. :lol: