Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 chevy pickup lowrider (Hell Train)PAINT TIME

Un-Flippin' Believable!

This is one I wish I could see in person so I could better appreciate all the detail.

David G.

Im gonna try to make the desert classic in april of 2013 I have been dying to go, a few of my club members make the trek every year from the Albuquerque Model Car Club to compete in the desert classic (Jim Symonds and Big John and his wife to name a few), if all goes well I will be there with the truck and trailer. Been dyeing to enter and meet a lot of people that compete there as well like John Teresi, Anthony Rios, and many more, and hopefully i can make it and you will be able to check it out in person, if you go to the desert classic? I see that your from Phoenix, are you currently living in Phoenix? As time draws near Ill let you know if i will be making it or not.

Edited by Darren B

I've been going to the DSC since 2009, but I was unable to make it to the last one due to my work schedule. The place where it's held is only 2 miles from my house!

I would look forward to meeting you and seeing whatever builds you might bring along.

David G.

Thanks guys for the awesome comments, I am almost done here. I am going to change the hood, not liking the weapons holders on the sides, May just cut off the side doors and let the engine show. Gonna pick up another kit of the 41 pick up and try something new with the hood.

Little update, i added the chains and skulls and vertebra and bones to the bed, a ton of bones to the trailer and inside the cab, also added lantern type headlights but mounted them to the front of the cab, thought they would look strange on the front of the truck and did not want to make it more strange than the front is with those two large decals, on the front.

The last things to add are all the weapons (a ton of painting to do to them) and a ton of weathered barbed wire made out of solder, then it will be complete and Ill move on to something new finally!

IMG_20120730_162608.jpg

IMG_20120730_162615.jpg

IMG_20120730_162640.jpg

IMG_20120730_162708.jpg

IMG_20120730_162813.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Darren,

Had great fun catching up with this one and going thru it all again, the paint and finish look awesome!!!! This is one of those builds you keep going back to.

Congratulations,

Randy

Thank you Randy, it was a fun build indeed, had some regrets on some of the items but it is what it is now.

calling this one done now and on to the next themed build called strippers delight. Finished the barbed wire, bones, and weapons!!!

IMG_20120827_155124.jpg

IMG_20120827_155139.jpg

IMG_20120827_155029.jpg

IMG_20120827_155019.jpg

IMG_20120827_031440.jpg

Edited by Darren B