Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Ford Pick-ups 1971 Ranger XLT AND 1969 Custom SWB

SteveG

We have announced the first of Our Ford Pick-up truck releases at Toledo over the week end. That truck will be a 1971 8 ft bed Ranger XLT - Big Block automatic 2 wheel drive.

What we didn't show at Toledo is the second kit. This will be a Model King Exclusive. it will be a 1969 Custom Cab short Bed six cylinder stick 2 wheel drive.

Mock-ups for both kits are being done now. I hope to have them in my hands before Thanksgiving. Once we have reviewed mock-ups and made any corrections needed I'd like to hope that tooling will be under way by Christmas.

If all goes well we could have first test shots by mid February next year. Our hopes are to have kits on store shelves before the end of the second quarter of 2013

Wish I had a pile of great photos, but these kits are only 3d computer files at this time.

As soon as the Mock-ups get here I promise that I'll put photos up..

Thanks,

Dave

These pick-ups will be very interesting subjects, it's good to see some new pick-up tooling!

Can't wait to buy mine!

I have both the hornet and the 300 and I'm almost done with the Hornet.I just love the quallity and uniqueness you guys put into your kits,the quallity is second to none with only minor flaws.You have a customer for life right here.I also like how the sign said "First in a series of trucks" I'm pumped up about that. Any plans on a camper or trailers for this truck to pull/or a flatbed or something?

I've already built six each of these kits ('69 and '71) in my head. Is that good or bad? :rolleyes::lol:

Weird, maybe...but we have to consider the source. :P:D;)

I think a 4x4 version (from a different year) may be possible down the road from Moebius.