Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck buyers/builders and sellers on Ebay.

I'm not on eBay much( I know I'll go nuts spending on there, LOL) but I do get on when I'm home, or laid overnight or a weekend somewhere. My screenname is petercar2851. My last truck was a 379, and my truck #2851, hence the screenname. Sometimes it's cool just wtach the ebay dogfights that occur. They can be wild, but the sellers make out.

You aint kiddin about the dog fights. Look at this 352H. auction # 260054244995 . I have like 20 of these 352s MISB. No joke. Thats all I was into is the 1/32 monogram,amt,firstgear,jada,newray, trucks and trailers. Now that I got my hands on some 1/25 scale Peterbilts guess its going to be a new beginning of the 1/25 world for me.

Guest Anthony Oteri

I think the most ridiculous things I have seen on e-bay is the prices for the 1/16 KW and Pete. I tracked one that ended up going for $250 and it wasn't even complete! The sad part is that it sold and sellers are aware of that and it becomes a sellers market.

I buy and sell under the I.D. of "dsldriver". You'll usually find me trying to buy old built-ups, but I don't get too crazy. I've found out the best way to get the model companies to reissue a kit is for me to pay a big price for an old one on eBay!

I've noticed those 1/32 Petes bringing high prices, but I can't really figure out why! Another kit that brings high prices is the old 1/25 snap Kenworth. I'm hoping they reissue it as a follow up after the recent snap Pete!

Hello Folks,

I recently was bidding on an AMT Autocar A64B (T526) in original unbuilt condition. This seams to be one of the most sort after trucks along side the Kenworth Challenge Mixer and one or two others. It was one of those trucks I had to have in my collection!! I entered the bidding late on when it was already around $ 100.00 I put my maximum to $ 150.00 but was immediately outbid. So I thought what the hell I'll bet $ 250.00 and again was immediately outbid. That was enough for me. A day or two later the seller E-mailed me saying that he had another Autocar A64B for sale and I could have it for $ 250.00. I did not reply. The next day there was another A64B for sale from a differant seller. He had set the "Buy it now" tag at $ 107.95. So I bought it.

The lesson for me is do'nt jump in be patient and wait.

Best regards

Dave Bates

I have only been an eBay shopper since june. The only real dogfight I got into, and lost, was for A kenworth challenge mixer. I lost it at the VERY LAST second. I was ashamed of myself for getting caught up in it, but I held a good lead until the last day. Then it got ugly. I max bid $125, well, I guess I got mad, so I increased to $175. I can't remember who it was, but he paid close to $300 by the time it was all said and done. As for the others, the Autocar A64B is one, as well as the International Paystar and Logging trailer set. That one goes for obscene amounts of money as well. The AMT Tandem Vans, you will have to earn those in a fight, and then there are the Freightliner DD cabover kits. These are the kits that I see people go the craziest for. Oh, and don't forget the Peerless log trailer!

I'm waiting for people to get out the dueling pistols on that KW mixer. I'm dying to see how bad they get over the torsion bar KW. It's comical, but then again it's sad AMT doesn't pay more attention here. We could have all of our beloved trucks back. I really want the trailers to stay longer. The main one I go for is the Fruehauf Flatbed. Lots of conversions you could do with that one.

KW. Check this one out. I was out bid on this auction of ######. 120056808442. Shipping was out of control also insurance was off the wall. Its ok $$$$$ MONEY IN MY POCKET $$$$$ The autocar A64B I saw go for big money last night. The last time I looked it was up to a buck fifty. I dont know what it sold for. There is another one on there 67 and change with 5 days on it. Anyway I went over to my friends shop yesterday to pick up a few things. I saw those kits you were talking about. The amt KW mixer, amt cf doubles, amt california hauler and others all factory sealed. Thats why I buy my trucks from him takes all the guess work out of what Im buying at least I know Im not missing any parts. Talk to you guys later. Be good. 8)

I run under superbinder13. I just went on an Evil-bay binge. Sold my "Duck" and a KW COE Heavy Haul. They brought good jing, turned them into a Revell COE, Can-do wrecker, "R" Mack, 352 Pete. I also bought some stuff form Model Express and I cruise the Yahoo Groups trying to find deals. My problem with Evil bay was bogus bidders, gotta watch them. Coop

• 1 month later...

this was in early December. It was a Revell AG kit from the mid 1980's. It was a kenworth cabover with 3 rear axles. the truck on the box art was red white and blue, and the box art showed the truck's passenger side. the bid was at $405 when I first saw it. I never did see if it went higher b4 it sold. It still had like 3 days 2 go on bidding. I wonder where it finally wrapped up. Crazy, huh?

Ray,

$ 405.00 is madness! :shock: :roll: To my knowledge the tri drive Kenworth is not that rare. For $ 405.00 I think I would be buying a wreck of Ebay and custom building my own using Aftermarket parts and scratch building the rest. But still if people want to pay that much for a kit there aint much we can do about it.

Dave Bates.

for obvious reasons, I will never forget it. The only other variation of that kit I ever saw would be the Revell Orient Express kit. Never saw this red white and blue truck b4, but they are the same kit pretty much from what I could tell. It only had a handful of bids, not even 10 from what I remember. I meant to mark it in my eBay and watch it, but I forgot to, so I don't know the final price. I know shipping was pricey too. I actually had to tell someone to go look at it to make sure I was right, but it was. $405, with 3 days left. If it went any higher I would faint. anyway, good luck with your pete.

Well I bought my first item off e-bay today but I had to fight for it.

Reminds me of a group of woman fighting over a dress.

Sorry lady modelers but I saw this type of grabbing with my own hands.

I escaped under the table with nerves in tatters and ran for the door with my lady friend leading the way.

Cheers

John Wilson

for obvious reasons' date=' I will never forget it. The only other variation of that kit I ever saw would be the Revell Orient Express kit. quote']

I picked up the Orient Express kit for $65 last year (including shipping) it was a "buy it now". I was in the right place at the right time.

Can't see me spending a mortgage payment on a model kit. If I did, after I got out of intensive care from the beating the Mrs. would give me, I probably wouldn't be able to use my hands. So building a model would be out of the question. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Would you believe my girlfriend said Go 4 it?!?? She is so nice and supportive of my hobby, but that was a bit too much for just one truck.

I bought 2 kits for her son, hope to get him in the groove with truck modeling. I told her 4 that kind of money, I could get a dozen kits. I never saw that kit b4 or since. I don't blame you for avoiding the Mrs on that one if it came up. lol.

Dave:$500.00!!!! With a buy it now of $1000 Unbelievable!! I'm really surprised there are no bids on it! LOL

I'm trying to score a few of the old AMT kits. I want both the COE Kenworth and COE Pete. The most I would spend on them is right around $50.00. I've missed a few because I refuse to go over the 50 mark. I could kick myself in the azz, because I had EVERYONE of these kits when I was younger. I eventually GAVE them all away. They were all built of course, but still wished I had them today! Speaking of COE's, is the Revell Kenworth COE a setback axle or is it a forward axle. I've only seen pics. I have never seen the actual kit in person, and from the boxart it kind of looks as if the axle is set back. Does any one know? :D

• 2 weeks later...