Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rare Stp pontiac

shafer

thanks

this car is a buick body with the optitions for a pontiac or chevy nose. Being produced in 1983 it does have its short commings,

it can be built in 5 minutes (partial snap together)

it has no engine

wheel wells, quarter windows, and decals are not all to scale , for example look at the size of the goodyear decal compaired to the moroso decal, the 43s on the door are big enough to fit the roof

this model is crude but due to its age and being a 1983 paint scheme i wanted to include it in the collection, however it does look distorted parked between the racing pettys 82 version monogram, and the monogram legends series 84 model

model cars have come a long way since 1983

DSCF4072_zps4c4b2716.jpg

Edited by shafer

I've been collecting Petty stuff for ever. I have a super rare 1/24 Chevy Caprice metal/plastic kit. That was the first time I seen Richard Petty race at Michigan Speedway. I've been think about trying to collect the Franklin mint cars also.

I want that caprice kit badly but it always seems i come up too slow or too cheap when i find one

Any interest in the richard/kyle dual kit?

I have one that i will probably not get too. also have die cast stuff id like to let go of..

pm sent

• 2 months later...