Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 `69 Camaro Z/28 Cross-Ram...Black

Hawk312

I posted this one a while back, but I had to get some pictures of it today, and I thought I would share them since the previous pictures weren`t that great.

Anyway, this another typical build for me...period correct inspection sticker, window sticker reduced and printed from a real `69 window sticker, chalk markings, brake lines, etc. It`s hard to choose, but I think this is my favorite color scheme for this car.

blackcamaro1.jpg

blackcamaro2.jpg

blackcamaro3.jpg

blackcamaro4.jpg

blackcamaro5.jpg

blackcamaro8.jpg

blackcamaro6.jpg

blackcamaro7.jpg

Beautiful build David! Ever since I saw this build the first time, I've wanted to try my hand on one of these. But, I still haven't been able to score one at a decent price.

• 2 weeks later...

David - I had a '68 Camaro that lasted many years and took me many miles. This looks exactly like it should. The engine compartment looks like mine did. I don't see a license plate, so I don't know what state it's supposed to be in, but that windshield inspection sticker even looks like one I had.

What a great build and thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it.

David - I had a '68 Camaro that lasted many years and took me many miles. This looks exactly like it should. The engine compartment looks like mine did. I don't see a license plate, so I don't know what state it's supposed to be in, but that windshield inspection sticker even looks like one I had.

What a great build and thanks for sharing.

Thanks Ted`s. Now that I look at the picture, I noticed the license plate is missing. I built this one years ago, so I can`t say for certain, but I usually print out a period correct PA license plate for these. The inspection sticker was a scan and print of either a `69 or `70 PA state inspection sticker from memory.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Hawk312,

I am not totally sure that you are aware, but will assume that you probably are. This forum is for scale models only, not for actual 1:1, real cars that have been restored to perfection.. Lol

What an amazing build !! I have this kit here on my shelf, but I can guarantee everyone in the world, that no matter how hard I try, it will never come out anywhere near as nice as yours is. Job well done, thank you so much for sharing.

----Nick R.

• 2 months later...

Wow! Absolutely amazing paint work! Everything looks so real. What kit is this? The only 1:12 model I've ever seen for sale anywhere is the Shelby gt500 from revell... Well and the outrageously expensive ferraris and such that sell for 600 plus.. But they don't count in my book.

Thanks Anthony! This is the Monogram/Revell kit last issued about 5-6 years ago (I think). Usually, there are a few posted on Ebay at any given time. [img=http://www.oldmodelkits.com/jpegs/Monogram%2085-2810%20Camaro69.JPG]
Wow.. What a cool lookin box.. I would leave untouched until I perfected my model building.. I'm more of a painter then a builder. Again, what a beautiful car.