Model Cars Magazine Forum

77 Chevy Vega GT

mangodart

A nice, nice build! I wish I could find an affordable MPC Vega kit to build or a built-up to restore.

My 1:1, 1973 Vega worked pretty well for me while I was in college. Until the cold, rainy, October, Saturday night when my buddies and I were out-on-the-town, and 4 of us piled into it to head to another party across town. Once inside the car, the windows started fogging-up, and the poor window defroster couldn't keep up with their excessive hot breaths... and I couldn't see where I was driving. I hit an oversize curb in the median of the road, and nearly tore the entire front suspension off of the car!

My dad wasn't too happy about having to get outta bed at midnight on a cold and rainy October's night to come and get us!

Flashback!

I remember lots of these (and the wagons, too) rusting out around my neighbourhood as a kid!

I want one of those kits! Great to see one built, rather than being jealously guarded in a dusty collection, with no chance of being built.