Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dump Truck build need some help.

I decided i wanna build a tri-axle dump truck. I was looking at the AITM 15' heavy duty dumpbody kit and would like to use a peterbilt truck. What would be a good base kit to start with for this kind of build. Looking for some insight and maybe what aftermarket parts to use for the suspension and such.

hey dont steal my idea.....im building the 377 as a tri dumper!.....ill be getting a pusher axle off eric soon as i have some income coming in!...if you want to do something as good as kurt then you need to scratch about half the truck or resin,....thats what he did on the 357 dump he has....resin out of production c series cat. cat decals , pete, decals, scratched body, i think a scratch axle to, etc....give you an idea what is involved with something as complex as kurts 357,,.,,,and another thing ....that 357 of kurts took over a year to build!

hey dont steal my idea.....im building the 377 as a tri dumper!.....ill be getting a pusher axle off eric soon as i have some income coming in!...if you want to do something as good as kurt then you need to scratch about half the truck or resin,....thats what he did on the 357 dump he has....resin out of production c series cat. cat decals , pete, decals, scratched body, i think a scratch axle to, etc....give you an idea what is involved with something as complex as kurts 357,,.,,,and another thing ....that 357 of kurts took over a year to build!

Gotcha, thx. for the heads up.

I decided i wanna build a tri-axle dump truck. I was looking at the AITM 15' heavy duty dumpbody kit and would like to use a peterbilt truck. What would be a good base kit to start with for this kind of build. Looking for some insight and maybe what aftermarket parts to use for the suspension and such.

What's a good base kit to start w/? What ever you want! I started a dump truck several years ago and never finished it. I'll post the WIP photo set here for ya to check out. It might give ya some ideas and it might not.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9495602@N02/sets/72157604022832001/