Model Cars Magazine Forum

1985 Pontiac Fiero V8

Jordan White

that was the promise of these cars that was never fulfilled. i remember reading about the imminent release of this car in road and track and how in later incarnations it was scheduled to get a V8 but that never happened. actually i am surprised to hear they came with a V6, somehow i thought they were all 4 cyls...shows how i lost interest as the reality unfolded after the great buildup in R&T.

Remember that the Fiero was conceived during the energy crisis as a high mileage commuter car, using a lot of parts from the GM parts bin from cars like the Chevette. Once the crisis was over (or so we thought!) they twisted it into a personal sports car. I think it turned out well overall, but there is a limited market for 2 seaters so GM didn't put a lot of further development, like V8 power, into it.

The MPC kit came with both a four and a six.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha love the supercharged version!

Alright, I finally got paint on the body. It's Ford Merlot red metallic with gold lower/basecoat.

SDC11871.jpg

SDC11872.jpg

Here you can see I turned the rear storage compartment into a secondary fuel tank, I still have to add the filler cap.

SDC11873.jpg

Edited by Jordan White

I've owned an 84 Fiero SE for 15 years now. It's up to 230,000 miles. It has the original motor and a 4:10 4 speed transaxle. I drive it in the nice weather and often go to shows with it. I had a good year last year winning trophys in six of the eigth show I entered.

Glad to see some one doing a kit. I have that kit, but never got around to building it. I just picked up an 84 Fiero kit to make it like mine, which is a mild custom, so I'll need to gather some parts to do job. Right now I'm working on a 61 Impala covert. and a 66 Impala SS that I'm making like the ones I owned back in the day. I'm following some old pictures to get them as close as possible to the real ones.

Here is a picture, but its small. For some reason Photobucket shrunk my pictures. Have work on some new ones.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/aurons_girl/30d7d7b4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...