Model Cars Magazine Forum

Look What's Coming In 2008 From Revell Germany!

larrygre

This bus is 1/32 scale...I just looked at Fujimi's site and it's part of a series of these buses, and they are not 1/24. The item number on Fujimi's site has the same part number as HLJ, and it will be released on or around March 15. Hobbylink has it listed incorrectly in scale, and price. The real price is 6500 yen.

From HLJ.

1/24 1/32 Hino Selega Alpico Highland Bus Version

HinoSelegaAlpicoHighlandBusVersion.jpg

Yen Price:

(Merchandise Only) 5,500 About $52.93 USD; €34.83 Euros

For that, I'd order atleast one.

I have ordered a few things from them that my LHS claims they can not get in the U.S.

This bus is 1/32 scale...I just looked at Fujimi's site and it's part of a series of these buses, and they are not 1/24. The item number on Fujimi's site has the same part number as HLJ, and it will be released on or around March 15. Hobbylink has it listed incorrectly in scale, and price. The real price is 6500 yen.

That there is a real shame.

I had high hopes for that at such a deal.

I hope HLJ corrects it

The only place I'll be able to get that is through the mail from them.

I knew the deal was too good to be true.

Wish in one hand and poo in the other.

Live and learn.

Thanks for the correction Zoom Zoom

Bob, in 1/32 scale those Fujimi buses are still big puppies! Nevertheless they should be interesting. Seems Fujimi has settled on 1/32 scale for new truck and bus kits.

Got the first 1/32 Fujimi bus in on Friday, haven't open it though. About $75.00 Cdn.

• 1 month later...

Have any of you "Fishbowl" fans ever been to Germany? Over there, buses and trucks are popular subject for models and diecast. Much more so than in America. A Fishbowl would be a dud. Not enough people here would remember it or care enough to spend $150 on a model of it. In Germany, however, this Neoplan is a current subject where, once again, buses are popular models.

• 6 months later...

Revell of Germany online catalogue lists the Cityliner as 1/24th scale. 510mm long would make it about 20 inches long.

http://www.revell.de/en/products/model_kit...=07650&sp=1

I work for the local public transit, so a current, or past, city bus in 1/24th would be a draw for me. The 60s-70s Fishbowls were a great bus to drive, and were only retired last year by our service. Any current 40 foot bus would be a fun build, as would a 60 foot articulated bus, which we also operate. (The ones we have are from New Flyer). That would sure take up a shelf!

Edited by Tony T

• 2 months later...

I would turn that thing into a tour bus or motorhome. Wipe out most of them windows, take all them seat's out and do up all the enterior, body like one of those 1,000,000 home's on wheels. for sure it will have a crazy paint job. It has a large enough canvase for a nice mural. :D

Tonio, YOU could paint a mural onna PLASTIC SPOON! THIS thing is SOOO big, you could probly put the"Last Supper" on it!!! :D;):D

I might do one primo.

Let me get my hands on one. I would have to do a lot of upgrades to make it more aerodynamic and more modern looking. And a mural of the last supper would be a nice mural. Even thou I am atheist. But it would be something to think about.

And thanks for the complement Primo.

• 1 month later...

That thing's big enough to be turned into RC! I picture chopping the roof and give it a lower Hot-Rod style look. But that's beyond my skill. Would make for alot of interesting ideas.

Hmmmmmmm, if converted to a motorhome, one could put an Ipod Video in there in such a way that it look's like a flat screen tv! :)

Edited by FujimiLover

Sure would be a neat canvas for designing motorhome interiors.

I've always been interested in designing concept cars, have an associates degree in Automotive, and Graphic Design, and I started CAD classes a while back but never finished it. I really want to attend the Design Center for Arts college in California, but it's way too expensive.

Building this would be alot of fun and great for creativity, but as I said, I dont' know if I have the skills to make it worth investing in the cost of such a kit. I've never, ever chopped the top off a model before for the sake of lowering the roof line. Only thing I've done or attempted to do was chopping it off to make into a convertible.

I think this bus would be cool chopped and lowered. Maybe painted metallic black with some hot realistic flames up front, big semi-truck like exaust pipes coming out the rear some how?

Like I said, some Ipod Video's on the inside for tv monitors playing a movie?

You say it's 1/32, but look's so huge for 1/24? Would an Ipod video even fit? Surely the nano would, but I mean the normal Ipod video.

LOL! Condo on wheels, that's funny. My Dad was shopping for a motorhome a few months back and of coarse "I" wanted a condo on wheels me being me, but he certainly didn't need anything that big nor did he want too. So instead he got a small Chevy Roadtrek which I think is way too small for the two of us, the dog, and the cat. The motorhome to me is more like a minivan than a motorhome. All it's got is driver, passanger, tiny refrigerator, tiny shower, hardly useable it's so freaking small with the toilet built in, and a small sofa thingy in the back that can be converted into a bed for two people side by side. if you ask me it's a useless motorhome but Dad's happy with it.

He sais the only way to have a motorhome that big, your condo on wheels, would be if we didn't have a house at all. I disagree, why not have a home away from home with plenty of room for him, me, dog, and cat. Especially when my Dad tends to spread himselfe all over the place with his junk and all I get is a tiny little corner. Another point I'd like to make is why shouldn't Dad have a condo on wheels when he's not even home half the year anyway! :)

Enough of my rambling, I don't think I have room on my workbench for such a project. ;)

Edited by FujimiLover