Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

Got me all worked up, Charlie ... you're gonna finish one before me! :lol::D

It's looking good ... I'm not even gonna ask color ... waiting till I see it!

Remember, Mike, t'a'int over 'til the last part is on.

Speaking of which...where did the gas pedal go for that thing? It seems to have disappeared unless they simply missed it somehow.

Charlie Larkin

The last coat of primer is on the 300. The firewall is downstairs awaiting paint. Hopefully this time with a paint can that doesn't have a defective nozzle!

I also have the Model T I've been poking at stripped.

Lastly, the interior of the 300 had a primer job go bad. The white primer I applied came out in a manner similar to Spackle and it didn't cover well to boot. Let's see what we can do tomorrow, as it supposed to be a bit drier.

DSCF1088_zps59b288c5.jpg

Charlie Larkin

I got one probably not seen by to many people. Where it is no longer Saturday and this is not quite what is considered a table or bench it works for me.

null-1.jpg

I don't always get to build on Saturdays. I build every time I stop for a break. My bench doesn't get to stay messy. If it did my wife would probably throw everything out the window at 62 mph. Lol. Enjoy.

Edited by rigbuilder

That's got to be hard to build on the road.

Not as hard as you'd think. I don't get a lot of time and my space is very limited, unless we get a hotel room for a night. But I love building models so much that I finally talked my wife into letting me build in the truck. I assured her she wouldn't suffer from any intoxicating fumes. Lol. It's a lot of fun actually. Only draw back is I can't get my airbrush out of storage. It would be sweet with the air brakes and tanks and lines and all that from the truck, but there's just nowhere to set it up.

No pictures right now, but...

Re-primed the T. I'll probably put a coat of paint on that tomorrow.

The Chrysler ended up in the Purple Pond. Something got into my paint, and all the sanding in the world wasn't going to get rid of it.

DSCF1089_zps0cb382f1.jpg

I've also painted the first coat on the interior of the Chrysler. I did it with brush-painted Acryl Radome Tan. It'll need a second coat.

I might also dig out my Olds and do a little more with that.

Charlie Larkin

while the ZL1 and Mustang dry off i put in a little body work into Daft Punk saved and molded both the rear and front pans, shaved the tailgate, and filled in some sinkmarks, im sticking to the showrod stance with this it wont be a lowered van

MRqVKY3.jpg

XS9nH6E.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so it's a little after the weekend, but while the Chrysler is stripping off (and probably about ready now), I've been poking at my Revell 1950 Olds. Not a bad kit overall. It will definitely look nice when it's put together.

The engine is almost ready for decaling

DSCF1110_zpse9c6b525.jpg

The lettering on the chassis was supposed to be gone. It is now! One more coat of primer, and this time, perhaps I'll use flat black instead of semi-gloss black. Oops.

DSCF1112_zps4c3779a3.jpg

Charlie Larkin

Very cool Tom! Nothing beats time spent modeling with a child or grand child. They love the attention and will remember it forever. Enjoy it while you can, they grow up really fast. I built with both my daughters and their models are in my showcase to this day. They are 29 and 25 now, so it went way too fast. Now I await grandchildren to spoil!

That's pretty cool, Tom. My kids weren't interested in model making but hoping the grand kids get the bug in a couple years.

I came across these decals ... 1/18 but may fit with a little trimming http://liquidrealitystudios.com/2009/03/118-scale-az-dps-logos/

If not, I can print you some decals if we can find a good photo to go from. You might have some first hand cars there to take photos I could use.

Thanks Guys. I lost the older one already, I figure I have a few years with this one,lol Right now he wants to start them all.

I can get the decals from a guy in Utah but it's a 6 week deal ..... A VERY long time to a six year old :)

Thanks Guys. I lost the older one already, I figure I have a few years with this one,lol Right now he wants to start them all.

I can get the decals from a guy in Utah but it's a 6 week deal ..... A VERY long time to a six year old :)

Good to see you can get the decals ... in the meantime teach him how we all do it .. start another BEFORE this one is done! :D

Edited by Foxer