Model Cars Magazine Forum

DAF 2800NTT "Cattleman" (Italeri 1/24)

Good work Greg. Here´s some short update. Well, I tried to make some very small wash work. I think without this plastic kit looks like a toy. Also details like bolts and nuts gets deeper look.

post-11517-0-79124400-1403513766_thumb.jpost-11517-0-87355700-1403513776_thumb.jpost-11517-0-58310700-1403513802_thumb.jpost-11517-0-47090200-1403513811_thumb.jpost-11517-0-58185200-1403513849_thumb.j

Edited by Pavel A.

That is some fine detail work you have there, Pavel.....Awesome looking chassis....The wash came out great, and the paint IS really nice.....Always like to see what you come up with, my friend.....Always something to learn from your stuff, Man....Great job....

• 3 weeks later...

I started some work on interior. As a carpet is used sanding paper (1200), of course you can change color of it.... Gauge cluster are PE parts from set for Daf ntt (CTM). Glass on cluster is Testors clear parts cement. It is white because it´s fresh. Morning we will see, that it will be clear or not :)

Edited by Pavel A.

wow, terrific work as usual!

can't remember if I pm'd you again, but thank you so much for the information and links you provided! amazing stuff, I don't know if I should try harder, or just give up after seeing some of those builds :D just a fantastic bunch of builds, very talented folks, astounding stuff......

thanks again for the info, very much appreciated. thank you for taking the time to pass it along to me,

~tbill

Hi guys. Here´s next short update. Today some work and tips about a work with PE parts. I decide try to start with grille. The set from CTM (Czech Truck Model) offer most options of assembly of this grille. You can choose between marking (2800, 3300), than it can be with or without DAF badge. But the most important is option to make this truck with or without closed hood mudguard pannel.

I tried to make version with open pannel. It means that hood wil be with extra front lights. But here´s one problem. You must prepare some housing for lights (some plastic profiles...). It is nothing hard, just take a time with this work.

By the assembling of PE parts I usually used superglue. Better is gel, becouse you´ve got a little bit time to place the part to right position. By this glua is just one problem - fog. You can eliminate it if you´ll used very very thin layer of glue. Or buy and use Loctite GO2 (here in Slovakia, no Chance:( ). Or very good is try to glue with clear coat! Very good is Mr.color Superclear III (use a pure without thinner). Siple work like with superglue. I used it for example by assembling of mirrors, brackets, antenas or more. Blac color is Revell synthetic 302.

If you´ll try a superglue, very good to correct some mistakes and for is Debonder (solution liquid). I don´t know under which name it is in U.S.A. Work carefully because Debonder is very aggresive to paint and color surface. Take down color also! Each sort! It is good to use it only by PE part before painting.

For some small weathering I use this two tamiya weathering sets. Must be there oil stains and yellow, for me necessary.... Paul.

post-11517-0-90199500-1406490047_thumb.j