Model Cars Magazine Forum

So What does Revell Have up Their Sleeves?

I saw pics in a magazine of their display at Nuremberg. One of the items was an Auto Union land speed racer. No information at all. It would be wild if that's a plastic kit and not a rebox of a 1/18 diecast.

One all-new subject is a 1/32 Heinkel He-219. Initial test shot reviews are positive. http://www.hyperscal...6reviewbg_1.htm

It's a really cool airplane and something that has been on the wish list of large-scale modelers for a long time. There are actually two kits coming to market. the other is by Zoukei-Mura. Their kit is aimed at a slightly different audience. It has wing spars and formers that get covered up, as well as fuselage formers. A complicated build that doesn't appeal to everyone, along with a higher price tag. I think Revell's 219 will do well in the marketplace. It's not the new-tool Duesenberg I hoped for, but home runs help the company, whether automotive or not.

Pat- I agree 100%. It is SUCH a drag to see discussions about a new kit, with the inevitable "Why didn't they make a '74 Delta 88? I drove one to high school. I'd buy a case of 'em." comments.

Edited by LDO

So are we no longer allowed on here to voice our opinions anymore unless they are all sunshine and lollipops?

I asked everyone to stay on topic, and I don't see a need to clarify that again.

I'm not interested in drama. If you have a question or comment for me, PM me, please. Thanks.

Now, back to the topic. ;)

I asked everyone to stay on topic, and I don't see a need to clarify that again.

I'm not interested in drama. If you have a question or comment for me, PM me, please. Thanks.

Now, back to the topic. ;)

I really was not trying to go off topic, point taken, agreed

I still would like to know why Revell has chosen not to attend I-Hobby , I can understand if its just about cost savings

Edited by martinfan5

Straight from Revell's facebook page:

Revell USA

It’s true – this year Revell USA will not be attending the iHobby Expo. Instead, we have big plans to make some very exciting announcements about our 2013 releases. Stay tuned - we'll be sharing more information about how you can catch the world premiere of ALL NEW tooling, new licenses and more this October.

Revell USA

It’s true – this year Revell USA will not be attending the iHobby Expo. Instead, we have big plans to make some very exciting announcements about our 2013 releases. Stay tuned - we'll be sharing more information about how you can catch the world premiere of ALL NEW tooling, new licenses and more this October.

Well, that pretty much explains it for me! As long as they disclose what they have in store for us, does it matter if they are in Cleveland or not?

A friend of mine and a coworker of his had to spend two weeks in Cleveland a few years back, from what he said,

I can understand why Revell wouldn't want to spend three days there :lol:

LoL...I spent my college years in the Cleveland area...it's cleaned up quite a bit since then (late '80s-early '90s). Spent a lot of Friday-Saturday nights in 'The Flats' area back in the day.

Anyway, as far as Revell, we just have to wait and see what they announce and how they announce it.

Edited by Rob Hall

Revell USA

My guess is we'll get the announcements at the Toledo NNL. I think that's the weekend before iHobby. Revell attended last year and rumor has it they'll be back again. What better place is there considering the current situation ?

As for why they're not at iHobby it's tough to say. I don't see any of the other Hobbico brands listed either. My guess is there's a dispute between Hobbico and the Expo promoters. I'm sure they're not very happy about the Expo being moved away from their own corporate backyard.

I've been to the Cleveland I-X Center dozens of times and I think it's a great location. It's not actually in Cleveland but in Berea, a nearby westside suburb. I'm hoping to attend iHobby one way or another.

-Steve

Edited by SteveG

I'm hoping to attend iHobby one way or another.

Good to hear you'll be attending...and taking lots of pics? ^_^:D

My guess is we'll get the announcements at the Toledo NNL. I think that's the weekend before iHobby. Revell attended last year and rumor has it they'll be back again. What better place is there considering the current situation ?

That'd be one heck of a "one-up" move...but not a bad idea. B)

Simple economics. These trade shows are more and more costly every year. The move to Ohio was in part an attempt to lower some cost....but still a very costly venture. I went on trade days way back when it was RCHTA late 80's. The show has, to some extent, lost it's importance. Before the net, FaceSpace and all the instant communication we have today getting info out there is a lot easier and, for the most part, FREE!!! I don't go any longer and while I do miss seeing indeustry folks once a year, the show has lost some of the 'need' to attend. I saw most all of the industry insiders at NJ NNL show!!!