Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius at the NNL East

To follow on from the '65 Comet, I'd love to see a '67-68 Cougar and '68-69 Cyclone eventually.

I certainly agree here! I'm certain that as Moebius continues to produce new kits of the cars that us "older" model builders want, their kit-requests list will just grow and grow and grow...

We could use a few "mainstream"Chevelle models, I'd really like a'64 & '66 Chevelle Malibu, instead of the usual SS models we usually see, I would almost bet that the ratio of Malibu's to SS's was close to 2 to 1. And yes I know that MCW has a'64 Malibu in their line up & I could probably use a mix of Revell & Lindberg parts to build a '66, but the'65 is a different deal altogether.

Did I mention that we could use an early Pinto kit that won't cost us a body part or two?

I honestly don't care as long as they keep up the quality of the kits like the current ones. The hudson is amazing I personally dug the twin H powerplant very well done imho. I think moebius is going to be the U.S. big dog very soon.

2 door coupe. There are 5 of them currently in my families ar collection that I would love to build replicas of.

Bonus is that body was used in NASCAR Cup and was Dave Marcis last win at Martinsville....so lots of ideas there....(78-80 Malabu )

thank's to Mobius for trying so hard & doing such a good job of bringing out different sublects. I like Camaros & mustangs as much as anybody but you can only build so many in different ways. lotsa good stuff there.

Not likely to do Military vehicles - 1/24 - 1/25 are not really well established military vehicle scales - and there is just too much avaiilable to be done with civilian vehicles. Lots of cars to be done and plenty of civil truck subjects as well, I think that we'll leave the military vehicles for the guys who are well established - doing them in 1/35 scale.

Edited by Dave Metzner

I certainly agree here! I'm certain that as Moebius continues to produce new kits of the cars that us "older" model builders want, their kit-requests list will just grow and grow and grow...

Even though I am one of the vocal minority around here for more variety of modern kits, count me in for one of everything in factory stock trim.

Patience, please, we already have a list that we'll be sticking with for the next few releases.. I hope we'll make some people happy.

Can you comment on the next trailer kit, got a thread going on for it in the truck basemen...err section, but I haven't seen anything else about it other than the mention of it on the Moebius Facebook page last weekend.

I just bought a 1-1 '80 Malibu. I would love to see it kitted.

I just don't see a mainstream appeal for a kit of that car.

I understand a company makes a resin Malibu..but I yet to see anybody actually build one on this forum at least. So yes..future classic, but no market.

Patience, please, we already have a list that we'll be sticking with for the next few releases.. I hope we'll make some people happy.

Based on the fact that most ( if not all ) of the new releases are kits that have never ben done. I think they're doing just fine.

Keep it up and I'll keep opening my piggy bank.

I actually was thinking about hitting my local hobby shop this weekend to pick up the 56 Chrysler 300B,,,just because !

I already have several of the 55's

Hello Dave,

Thank you for all of the great kits that Moebius has issued and will be issuing. It's great that you are not doing the same cars as everyone else (variations of Impalas, Chevelles, Camaros, etc.). My wish list: '41 Buick Special or Century fastback, '48 Pontiac Streamliner sedan-coupe (fastback), '53 Skylark, '53 Fiesta, '53 Caribbean, '54 98 hardtop, '54 Eldorado, any Hornet hardtop, '57 Bonneville, '57 Adventurer, '58 Skyliner or Ranchero, '59 Super 88 hardtop, '61 Starfire, '62 Grand Prix, '62 Starfire, '63 Grand Prix, '63 Wildcat, '64 Starfire, '66 Starfire. '66 Catalina 2+2. I better stop as I'm getting writer's cramp!