Model Cars Magazine Forum

I've been looking for a while but haven't had any luck finding a proper Ranger Kit. The only one that I found nothing opened, there wasn't much detail and they weren't step sides. The I found the AMT 1993 Ford Ranger Splash Pickup kit but I've only seen pics of it online and I wasn't sure how much detail is in it. Has anyone ever used this kit, I'm planing on doing some fun stuff with it so I was wondering how much detail was in it(as far as what opens and closes).

Thanks, Cody

It's the same as all the other glue Ranger kits - hood and tailgate opens. The Splash kit has the special grille/bumper and stepside bed, and decals.

I always thought the glue Rangers were pretty decent kits - they did do some promo/SnapFast Plus long-bed 4X4 versions. Maybe that's what you saw? There have been several versions of the glue kits out. They all have multi-piece front and rear suspensions (no metal axles), clear/red head and tail lights, a 4.0L V-6, separate exhaust and optional parts/tires. They're certainly no worse than any other AMT pickup kit - which ain't bad. I've certainly been happy with my Ranger kits.

AMT also did a '95 Ranger XLT, it's identical to the earlier STX kit other than the '95 spec grille, interior (with a new dash and separate side panels) and wheels. The custom body kit was also tweaked a bit and the decal sheet was different.

Here's the '95 kit's contents-

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckMost/kit-contents/amtertl-95-ford-ran/