Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trumpeter 1/12 scale Ford GT40

MrObsessive

Mine was a WIP and Under Glass in 2010 but I can't find it either. It's the cover of MCM issue #156 also.

That write up Casey featured is not a good indicator of the kit. Its value is to see the parts provided in the box. It was built by a very limited-skill modeler and his assumptions and conclusions are predicated on his limitations.

An example is his inability to assemble the plumbing and omitting it but advising that it was unworkable. That's nonsense. Another is his praising the stock suspension which is most toy like and requires scratchbuilding for anywhere near accuracy. His color choices and love of the excess chrome is further away from a representative build.

More recently, Eric Cole has built a magnificent one which buries mine but I can't find that one either.

It also seems "mrknowetall"-does not. No source has been named for his statement.

I should have mine arriving tomorrow... $159 on Ebay and free shipping to boot! I've also ordered a set of decals to represent the #1 car. I'm probably not going to go nuts on getting every little detail perfect (and I'm not going to spend a fortune on the KA detail sets), but I'm going to do what I can (within reason) to do justice to the original. It seems that a lot of these get started and put away by builders who don't have the patience to see a project like this through, and I don't want to fall into that trap.