Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

I don't say this to many of the fellas but Bill, your rear end is amazing. :D

I'm in utter awe of your mad and creative skills. Carry on brother.

LMAO, thats some funny #### right there! thanks bro

Im sorry im new but I just had to join to say what you have done is amazing. I was just trying to learn how to strip a screwed up paint job and I found this thread and could not stop checkin out the next page of pics, well now I have to check out the rest of the site and I can't wait to see your next update

welcome to the forum Derek, and thanks so much, I'm sure you will find the help you need here, some one is all ways willing to help out

Bill.......FABULOUS work..........look forward to every up-date :)

hey John, appreciate that my friend!

this a car is going to be a heavy sob :blink: its omost a decast car,,,,,,,,,, but its so cool.

yea it will be a little heavier than most, but I'm cool with that, thanks

Bill, the yoke looks spot on. Are you planning on machining a cross shaft for a fully functioning u-joint? I'm guessing "yes" :)

Derek, if you haven't already checked out Bills California Charger, do youself a favor and do so.

Under glass:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59550&hl=%2Bcalifornia+%2Bcharger

WIP:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53715&hl=%2Bcalifornia+%2Bcharger

well worth a few hours of your day :)

WHAAAA?? functioning parts??? who me??? all ways appreciate it buddy

A couple of months ago, I grabbed an inexpensive apron at a local fabrics store. A plain white, heavy cotton apron that was sold with the intent of it being further decorated. I rolled the bottom edge over a couple of times and secured the roll with some of those little black binder clips (office supply). When I sit at my desk to work on small parts, I put on the apron, then open the center drawer and lay the bottom end of the apron on the drawer. After closing the drawer, the rolled edge keeps the apron from slipping out. This creates a catch-all bib between you and the small parts you're working on. (When I remember) to wear the apron, the little parts that try to make a run for it fall into the apron and are easy to retrieve. It has saved the day almost everytime I use it. Highly recommended, and cheap. Besides, my old knees hate the hard concrete floor in my model space.

This is generally what is referred to as a jeweler's bib or apron. Certainly not my invention. If you don't have a center drawer to capture the end of the apron, you could sew on some snaps and attach the opposite snap to your work bench, or sew a loop in the end of the apron to insert a wooden dowel rod along with a method to hold the rod in place.

In any case, it works great to avoid those times when you're on you knees trying to calculate whether the time to to find the part exceeds the time to make a new one.

doesn't seem like I can sit in one place long enough to wear an apron, great idea for sure!

...and I have to ask are you guys sure this bill guy is human???? Lol just joking ....

I've never thought he was. Why, do you think he might be?

Not likely. I think Bill may even have different size cutting bits mounted on each finger.

Alyn thanks for the link. ...and I have to ask are you guys sure this bill guy is human???? Lol just joking ....I wish I had a lathe and or a mill ...heck I wish I had a dremel rite now mine fryed ..... again can't wait for the next update

not trying to threadjack, I just wanted to let Derek know that dremel sells replacement parts cheaper that whole dremels and it's really not that hard to take a dremel apart, so if you can build a model you should be able to fix your dremel.

if you have any questions about how to fix it, start a thread in the Q&A thread.

Alyn thanks for the link. ...and I have to ask are you guys sure this bill guy is human???? Lol just joking ....I wish I had a lathe and or a mill ...heck I wish I had a dremel rite now mine fryed ..... again can't wait for the next update

I've never thought he was. Why, do you think he might be?

Not likely. I think Bill may even have different size cutting bits mounted on each finger.

oh you guys are funny! lol your killing me Alyn, still laughing!

I went to the DMV today to get new plates... They don't say the "SHOW ME STATE" anymore. Now they say: "BILL DAVIS SHOWED US!!!"

:lol:

Love this build immensely!

thats some funny stuff Marshall! thanks

i found a picture of bill on his alienbook :lol:

Waterjet-Cutting-System-Dcm-Robot-Water-

LOL thats not a very good pic of me Richard, I've lost a little weight sense that pic!

Hey, this is just amazing, just speechless! I don't know if you mentioned it before, but what tires are those?

thank you very much Karl, they are the Mickey Thompson's I bought from a friend, he bought them several years ago, don't know if you can still by them or not, just have to do some searching

Sir, you are quite the craftsman. Outstanding work just outstanding !

thanks Ray , all ways appreciate you stopping in

I'll say it again, always a treat watching your builds come together Bill. And I'll say this again: could someone please video Bill's Skills? There's fabricating & soldering knowledge worth paying to see how it's done.

hey John, there would be too many bleeps in a video, like every time something didn't go right or dropped something I just spend an hour on making and never to be seen again, and..........well you get the picture , thanks man

not trying to threadjack, I just wanted to let Derek know that dremel sells replacement parts cheaper that whole dremels and it's really not that hard to take a dremel apart, so if you can build a model you should be able to fix your dremel.

if you have any questions about how to fix it, start a thread in the Q&A thread.

no problem Mike

whats next? aluminum body parts?

hmmmmm

Outstanding

thanks so much

I guess we will just have to wait and see :)

hey Chuck where you been hiding? you need to post a work in progress on one of your sweet builds, I would have enjoyed seeing the Bill Maverick build, that thing is nice!!

Ok so this mite sound stupid but........when do you know when to stop.... I mean are you planing on going so far as to make a mini "you" that has a little heart that pumps tiny plasma to put in this car so you (or he) can sit in this thing and look cool or do you stop at the point when you sit back and say well that good enough for government work lol. I am in awe with your work and when I grow up I want to have atleast half of ur skills. Cool work man

Ok so this mite sound stupid but........when do you know when to stop.... I mean are you planing on going so far as to make a mini "you" that has a little heart that pumps tiny plasma to put in this car so you (or he) can sit in this thing and look cool or do you stop at the point when you sit back and say well that good enough for government work lol. I am in awe with your work and when I grow up I want to have atleast half of ur skills. Cool work man
i have to agree with you man im in a awe state....