Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Firestone "superstones" Trio

got the "coo coo" van missing a few pcs glad i didn't end up paying that much for it, i think i will have to stick to a "phantom" or "vantom" style ford econloline that foes not say "chateau" up at the front where econoline normally goes......

back to square one i suppose the bodys i had in my dip tank are too far gone from glue to be of use guess i will have to round up a 40% off and hit up hobby lobby's again to see if they still have phantom vans......

the coo coo did have the wing spoiler for the roof! Grooovy!!

The Phantom van does have the "Chateau" markings on the front fenders, it's the same body as the Coo-Coo van.

T2eC16NHJGkE9no8gFnyBRPQhCseKQ60_57_zps9

heres the ad have not officially go it in the mail yet pulled the pic from the e bay ad

wish i could dig up the old hot rod magazines for better resource pictures that wing ontop of the van looks pretty radical B)

If that's the wing I'm thinking off and I'm pretty sure it is, on the back side of where the two flaps are, were two round red lights. I'm going to guess they were about 3" in diameter.

the 3" red lights were on the 1:1 van? there were no such lights mentioned in the coo coo instruction...... i think that would perhaps look tacky lights on the spoiler?

Yes the lights were on the wing of the van. The Cuckoo nest van has a different wing than the ad you've shown. And yes they were tacky. I thought you were trying to do a recreation of these trucks you pictured, so I thought I would give you a detail you can't see in the photo. The lights might have been a little smaller, but I'm going to say between 2 and 3".

Yes the lights were on the wing of the van. The Cuckoo nest van has a different wing than the ad you've shown. And yes they were tacky. I thought you were trying to do a recreation of these trucks you pictured, so I thought I would give you a detail you can't see in the photo. The lights might have been a little smaller, but I'm going to say between 2 and 3".

i know the wing is slightly different its as close as i'm probly going to get, will have to figure out where those little red lights mount up at ;) probly off the underside somewheres?

I believe one of the Ford monster truck kits had mirrors like the van did....the van is sweet!

you are right sir! the amt monster kits destroyer, and thunderbolt have the correct looking tear? style looking mirrors look just like the mirror in the picture thank you for bringing that up as I do have a set in my parts bin!! B) thanks :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

trying to get back on these, but its drawing real close to new baby time (2nd time) so hobby time has been real limited, just finally got my station relocated and all my kits to the same spot the "closet" all together not half home half at storage..... will try to crack the whip one these once i get some bench space cleared off :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Any updates?

got the mini courier masked off and the "flame" decals cut out and traced to the masking tape, and now current pics masking tape trimmed red paint is alread below now i just mist on some primer, and the white paint and let dry..... hopefully no bleed through

I will be doing all these models this way trace decal flames onto masking tape on the body then cut out flames with exacto for final paint.....

100_7276_zpsbbfcecc6.jpg

100_7275_zps4a23099c.jpg

project is still alive (barely) one little step at a time... hard to find hobby time with small kids....... :o

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Bringing an Old topic back from the dead but did you ever make more progress on this? I think I'm going to build the trio myself and was looking for tips. I have the F-Series Pickup and The Courier I also ordered the Surfer Van. Wondering what I could source parts for the van from as I am not paying Cuckoo Nest prices. Thanks!