Model Cars Magazine Forum

International 4070 A

post-8577-0-82927200-1396475909_thumb.jp I did not have the heart to spray paint the cab, I built her about 6 years ago it has made it through two electrical fire and when other models were stolen they missed taking it thank goodness. I had one of these when they first were issued ( I was about 6 years old) My dad worked for harvester in Ft. Wayne Ind. he painted the trucks for them till retireing in 1992. That first one did not last as being that young I played with it. I am older and wiser now and she stays in a show glass showcase with a transtar 4270. on a shelf in my room.

Great looking model....You can never go wrong with red.....I feel you on the stolen model thing.....I lost 5 really good ones while I was moving a while back....It happened twice, actually....I've forgiven them, so no biggie, but still makes me wonder why......Looks great....

Sorry to hear about your loss. What a nice gesture from your wife to get a hold of a hard to find treasure...just for YOU! Your model is exactly the way I remember mine as my Dad built one for me back in 1974.

The IH cab looks exceptional in red and yours is a very nice build and I like it alot!

Jeff

• 11 months later...

Sad that this kit is so rare now and will never be reissued. It remains in my collection along with 4 Transtar II's 8 4300's ,1 4200(4270) 4 S-seies(F-2575 &2674's, 3 Paystar 5000's, 3 ProStar +, and 1 Lonestar. Not to mention a payhauler 350, and 6 scout II's, among the KW's, Peterbilt's,GMC/Chevrolet, a Freightliner, a White, And a dimond reo. I have a truck stop I guess.

Sad that this kit is so rare now and will never be reissued.

Are the molds gone? Is that why the Transtar hasn't been reissued?

I know this is an old thread but that's a sharp-looking IH COE. The Transtars are/were my favorite truck kits, I build many of them back in the day.