Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Hornet's Nest: Hudson Hornet Build Madness!

Dr. Cranky

I've been lurking,but waiting until I had one of my own to comment. NICE work on all these projects so far guys,really awesome!

I finally got one in hand today :D :D :D . It will be a bit before I can jump on it,though. I have to move some both onto and off the bench before I can commit,but I'm getting some real inspiration in this thread,don't let it die off :)

I gave mine a startshoot and build the Engine. First, i painted it.......and next i took about six hours for a complete wireing.

Take a look at my workbench, while i do this:

CIMG111106_025.jpg

And here is the result :)

CIMG111106_052.jpg

CIMG111106_053.jpg

Not perfekt, but i like it.

Next step, i sanded the body. Removed a lot of cast residues...for example:

CIMG111107_024.jpg

After the primer, i sanded it again and painted the roof white:

CIMG111110_031.jpg

Thats all, what happened on this cooool kit.

In the meantime i ordered one kit again...

I just popped mine out yesterday, cleaned up the mold lines and got it into primer. I'm very impressed with the fit of the hood. Looks like there should be no problem just leaving it loose so I can show it closed up, or take it off to show off the engine.

I know there were some complaints about the mold lines, but they seem to be more due to the shape of the car than any failure on Moebius's end. The body is one big compound curve.

One thing I found odd was the fuel filler door, most models cars have it molded in place. Not a complaint, just seems like an odd detail that I can't see many taking advantage of.

I'll be doing mine as a National Park Service patrol car.

One thing I found odd was the fuel filler door, most models cars have it molded in place. Not a complaint, just seems like an odd detail that I can't see many taking advantage of.

I'll be doing mine as a National Park Service patrol car.

More than likely they did that with the NASCAR variants in mind, so you'd need not to cut out the gas door and roll your own filler. Since this thing was one of the first big NASCAR champions, Moebius probably thought many would be built as stock cars. Well, that's my theory, anyway!

Like the idea of doing one as an NPS ride. B)